New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

As many members have expressed interest in supporting the program, but frustration with the $10 donation fee on deer over 50lbs....I would like to relieve that issue. I will personally pay the $10 fee for the first 20 people that would like to participate in the program but would prefer not to pay an out of pocket expense.

If those funds get utilized I will consider paying for more.

Please send your receipts to:
Jeffrey Herrmann
114 Van Reypen St
Jersey City NJ 07306

I will refund the $10 fee via a personal check. (please note I do not encourage the harvest of small deer >50lbs and will not reimburse the $25 fee charged for those deer.)

JC

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
JC that is a nice thing. But instead of you paying. Why not take a collection from members and donate it to the HHH program. Jack Chellew who is on our council basically is heading up the program. I know they did a couple fundraisers this year that did not get great support. If you want more info contact me.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why not take a collection from members and donate it to the HHH program.
Because I have no input into other members donations. I can only donate my time and or money. If others want to do so that would be great.

My intention is not to get people that would contribute already to give more...it is to get folks that otherwise would not contribute to do so for the first time...[up]

JC

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
JC,

Ill meet you in the middle and send you $10.00 without donating a deer. If i harvest some extra venison this year i will look into possible donating the meat as well but $10.00 is fine for me as a DONATION towards the program. Sound good?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Great gesture JC. I know every year, the program runs out of money fairly quick. I've donated deer in the past, but this year money is tight so I will only take enough to load the freezer and let the rest walk. Aside from my EAB doe, I've already let several does walk in the past 2 days. I would suggest to the guys that are complaining about the fee, or simply can't afford it...don't take the deer.

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Whitetail junky,
Hunting and this program are totally seperate issues, there is no reason why people shouldnt take a deer simply because they cannot affrod to "donate" it. It's more about this state and how they bleed everyone dry, its nothing against the program. I think this program is a wonderful way to help feed less fortunate people so dont get me wrong on that.Bottom line is fill your freezers boys and if you choose to donate a deer, or just money, good for you, its a personal choice and shouldn't be pushed onto people who may not have cash in there pockets let alone extra cash to donate. But i still will send jc $10.00 to go towards the program.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Seriously....think about it....you have to pay to donate??? Where in the hell does someone come up with that???[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My point is to not take a deer you won't put in the freezer, and can't afford to donate. I have no say over what any person does in the woods, I just made the suggestion people don't kill a deer simply because it is there. I will fill my freezer this year, and if the money opens up to donate some meat I will do that to. [up]

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
skullcrusher
You're donating the meat, butchering and everything that follows cost money. The program runs out of money quickly every year, so the person donating the meat is encouraged to cover the butchering cost, or atleast a portion. JC made a great gesture, and I don't want to sidetrack his post... again, nice job JC!

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
At one time the state would give $90,000 to the HHH program. Well that has been now cut to $0. The program still exists because a few people wanted to keep it going and are trying to do it through fundraising. The fee is to cover the butchers expenses, they are loosing money on this deal but still do it for a worthy cause.
Last month HHH ran a fishing trip fundraiser, they only had enough fisherman on the boat to break even. If you want to help take part in the fundraisers to keep this program going.

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I had no problem donating a deer and the $25.00 once a year except for the '07-'08 season when hunting was tough in my area and I only took one deer. I welcome the lower "donation" of $10.00 on larger deer as compared to the fee of the past. The donation helps extend the length of the program by offsetting some of the cost the butchers charge ($65.00) to process the deer being donated.

JCC [up]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts