New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit the river today from 10-3 looking for some bunker and some stripers.

It was high tide when I got there and there were not any signs of bunker. Luckily I had a good amount of frozen bunker to work with.
For the first few hours all I did was feed the crabs, and other various bait stealers.

When the tide was finally falling hard a good amount of bunker started coming with it for about an hour. Unfortunately they were mostly too far out in the channel to reach. I was lucky to throw one good Hail Mary that resulted in a huge snaged bunker, so at least I had fresh bait for a little while.

The end result for the day however was no stripers, one decent blue, a bunker, and a good sized blue claw.

Most importantly, it at least looks like the bunker are starting to thicken up.;)

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I am going to have to get out there. I haven't done any saltwater fishing this year. Never tried the river. Wouldn't know how.

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MP,

Your welcome to join me anytime, or we could hook up down the beach on the weekend if your looking for someone to go with.

As far as fishing the river if you know how to make a fish finder rig that is all you need, and some bunker chunks.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Where do you fish in the river, Liberty State Park? Fish finder rig has the sinker that slides up and down the line, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts