New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great friend who works for Bowhunter Magazine in town for a day and a half winter bow hunt. It was his first time hunting New Jersey and he was excited. Last night was the first hunt but things did not go as expected and we did not kill:(

So we went this am and got skunked:(

So tonight was his last hunt and we sat, and sat and sat. Till around 4:55pm when things started to go as I had thought and expected they would. Before we new it we had a buck that had no antlers make his way in followed by a huge doe. Rules were simple, no BB and no bucks without horns. But we hoped for a racked buck or a big doe. So it looked good for at least a doe.

Next thing you know the doe leaves:( The buck comes in followed by a huge body buck, again no horns. Then 2 more bucks without antlers. I am thinking he is going hom with no deer or even a chance to pull back on one. Then my buddy says, "Here comes a buck with horns!" I look and it was a buck I told him he could arrow.

Buck comes in and being the only kid on the block with antlers clears the other boys out. Too bad for the buck but not my buddy because the moment the buck turns broadside my buddy arrows him:D My buddy was taking his first New Jersey whitetail home, which was cool for both of us. Great day to be in the woods. January 31st and 55 degrees, who would have ever thought[confused] We even seen a fly with the warm temps but that did not stop the deer form moving. By the way this buck was stinking as he was rutting and man his hocks were stinking so bad I almost passed out from the smell.
Here is my buddy Jeff with his first NJ Buck and a nice one at that[up][up]

SS!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Congrats to your friend! Nice job getting it done Will [up]

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess that Ozonics doesn't work after all
We are killing more deer buddy than you can imagine. I won't even bother to tell you he was field testing it because you would not believe me;) It works and does wonder but can do what you need, tell you when not to shoot a dink;)

SS!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you guys drag him by the horns?
No, by the neck to make sure they did not pop off. They did seems pretty secure but did not want to chance it. Nice big body on this buck for late season. Again, was just a great time and some more venison[tasty][tasty]

SS!

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Great deer and story!! Congrats

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.