New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone hunted at this preserve? My dad and I checked in out a couple years ago but never got a chance to hunt it. It located just outside Hackettstown. I may hunt it once this year and thinking about joining. A couple years ago it looked good. Big birds they had there.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
is that place over by mt bethel road or rockport road? i think that is the place a friend of mine gave me a voucher for 2 free half day hunts. he poured their cement for a new garage or something and they gave him the voucher for it. but he doesn't hunt so he gave it to me. i totally forgot about i had it and i just found it recently. i wonder if they will still accept it?

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't remember. It was a few years ago that I was there.

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've hunted that preserve a few times. It's got some nice property to hunt and healthy birds. The problem I have with it is that you pay $95-105 for 5 birds. But 2 of those birds are chuckars. When I'm paying for a hunt like that I don't want to shoot chuckars, I want pheasants.

I now hunt a place in Pa near Quakertown called Powderbourne. They have some specials they run daily. For $99 you can get either 9 hens, 6 roosters or 10 chuckars.
We usually take my dog and go out and put out 18 hens. It's a great 1/2 day hunt. There are also always extra birds running around.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I second the powderbourne nomination. Great place.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Swiper1 I had their website, but I can't seem to find it now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts