New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's no oges77 buck...but still 11 pts for whackem n stackem...

got this 6 pointer this afternoon...the afternoon couldn't have gotten off to a worse start...I get to the farm and I'm about to go to my treestand, when I realize that I had my thermal underwear tops and bottoms on, my camo light pants and my bibs BUT I left my two top layers back in Medford (I was now up in Chesterfield)...anyway a fellow club member had extra jacket and he let me borrow it...I sat on the edge of corn field which I rarely do b/c I like to get in the woods a little deeper...there was buck sign all along the edge of the field and the hedgerow...settled in around 2:45, about 20 minutes later spotted some movement in the field....glassed it and saw a beautiful 8 ptr...finally realized that there was 2 does being run by a few bucks...eventually the 8 pushed the 6 on his merry way...I started to rattle and hit the grunt tube and INSTANTLY the 6 made a beeline to me...he walked the edge of the field all the way to about 30 yards from my stand...at that point I think he could see there wasn't anything going on and he turned into the woods and in a split second, I drew back on the Switchback and hit the release...PERFECT shot...he was quartering away a bit so it entered a little far back (which scared me at first) but he only ran 20 yards and laid right down...the arrow exited the front left shoulder in perfect position....blood was everywhere, but the 300+ yard trip back to the truck SUCKED...all in all I wished I passed it up, but it is soooooo hard to do that when there's bone under you...:)

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys...I appreciate it...btw, he was 112 pounds dressed....

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Right thru the pumphouse....Textbook bow kill[up]

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the good words guys...I just took him to the butcher and the kids wanted to go so I figured I take a pic with them and show people it's never too early to get them into it...even if its just taking them for a ride to the butcher...(and also even if they're GIRLS) :)

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another member of our club took a beautiful 135 cl [no swearing please] on Thursday...he was 180 pounds dressed and had 4 1/2" bases...Fish & Wildlife aged him at 4 1/2...as soon as I get a digital pic, I'll post it...he is an absolute bruiser of a buck...

·
Banned
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LittleLou...
thanks man...I appreciate it, you're right, any buck that has a good story behind it is a trophy in its own right...I can't imagine the day you and oges77 had yesterday!!!

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Congrats on a nice addition to the freezer!! Man I've got to get back to hunting NJ. Spent 6 Hrs in a tree yesterday from Noon to dark. Great area with rubs all over and waist high spruce with numerous trails and beds for nothing... Well 4 chipmunks and 2 damn woodpeckers pounding the trees for 2 hrs straight. NH deer sightings are few and far between. Figured they'd be moving seeing how it was muzzleloader opening. The area across the road is open to firearms and the area I was in 50Yds from the road is bow only for deer only all season. Oh well we'll try this afternoon from 2 to dark. Great buck again and congrats.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts