New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the call late Thursday night from a good friend and surf sharpie while watching "The Office" that the bite was going off at the shore. Looked over at my wife with a [email protected]# eating grin and she rolled her eyes knowing that I was going. Went into the garage and wiped the dust off my gear. Got to the spot while the tide was still good. Landed my first keeper striper of the '09 season at 28" on my first throw with flyrod. High fives all around then landed my second keeper at 29" on my second throw with flyrod. After that the fish got smaller but the action stayed ok until sun up on Good Friday and then I made the haul home. Saturday morning I fished the Wanaque for the trout opener and limited out early. 3 trout ready for the frying pan and 3 trout in the freezer. I had to respectfully photo edit the pic with the striper because that is not my spot to burn. I think you understand. ;) The bass are here go catch them up. :) Happy Easter and I wish everyone the best of luck on Monday for the turkey season. [up][up]

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Mike, are we going for the trout on Monday afternoon after turkey hunting? Let me know so I can get my trout stamp. Nice pics, I also want to go for stripers! Shoot straight on Monday morning, hope to see pictures of a heavy swinger.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike, are we going for the trout on Monday afternoon after turkey hunting? Let me know so I can get my trout stamp. Nice pics, I also want to go for stripers! Shoot straight on Monday morning, hope to see pictures of a heavy swinger.
Yes, get your stamp. I know a spot we can hit on Monday after gobble-gobble hunting. I enjoyed talking to you today about the youth day adventure. Got me excited to get out on Monday. Shoot straight and text me with updates. [up][up]

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Way to got Mike. You have always had the knack. Few guys can out fish me on rivers and lakes that I fish regularly and your one of them.[up]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.