New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All im seeing moving are groups of doe. and small bucks following behind them about 60 yrd. Anyone else seeing this?

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
The peak I would say is over.....peak being ...the highest number of does in heat at one time. That being said some of best rut hunting is still ahead of us....Dec.and Jan.are just as good or better than Nov.if you get the right doe come past your stand. Less does in heat make for greater competition....

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Yup sugar is dead on! I think most big bucks still might have a doe locked down but having some show up on cam again. Start hunting good food sources the does will b all over them with the colder temps coming and where the does are and possibly in heat the bucks wont bfar behind

·
Registered
913 Posts
In my opinion the heavy rut season Is done and we're are on the tale end of the post rut season. Though most of the does have been breed you will still have some come in late so be aware of that. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
Had a monster following 2 does this morning, wasn't chasing but wouldn't leave them for nothing. Bucks are still looking but nothing like the peak

·
Registered
913 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add some does will still come in estrus later and that is why you see late fawns born real later than the rest around. Did you ever see those come by and just say wow she had them late. So there will still be some rut activity but for the most part its post rut winding down. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I wonder if the does that came in late and have young fawns will come in late again the following yr. Or is it random? Does a specific doe that was late last yr, be late again this yr.

Because if you see a doe with young ones you could keep this in mind. IDK just wondering

I wonder what % have not been breed and or will come in later. I have had a group of bucks chasing a does hard core on opening day of gun. Thats the latest I'v seen it going on.

·
Registered
753 Posts
...Dec.and Jan.are just as good or better than Nov.if you get the right doe come past your stand. Less does in heat make for greater competition....
That's an interesting point, so do you think that would be the best time to try and rattle since their is more competition for less does in heat?

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Mmeb..I'm mo biologist but its my understanding that Decembers hot does will be the ones that were not bred in any of their previous heats. January will be healthy fawns from this year. It's safe to assume that areas with an out of whack buck/doe ratio will have more does in heat in Dec.and those areas with lower numbers and a closer ratio will have fewer available does.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
see your gay...simple as that.queer as a 3dollar bill
Call a counselor..... clearly, by your language, you've been "touched"

Sorry for jacking your post BF, but this has spilled over.

Won't happen again[rofl][rofl] I promise.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts