New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years back I was stopped by a CO on the Friday before the first day of pheasent season.
He told me that hunting is closed in all WMA of DWGNRA area that is to be stocked for opening day.
I heard today that they changed that.
I could not find it in the hunting digest, dose anyone know about this ?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i thought it just delayed opening hour?

...see page 65 of digest... all days/hours listed for all small game seasons. What I was thinking was the note at the bottom, "the starting time to hunt migratory birds on nov 8 only on those wmas desginated as pheasant and quali stamp areas shall be 8am"

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i thought it just delayed opening hour?

...see page 65 of digest... all days/hours listed for all small game seasons. What I was thinking was the note at the bottom, "the starting time to hunt migratory birds on nov 8 only on those wmas desginated as pheasant and quali stamp areas shall be 8am"
ahh.. and look at the notes column - "8am start on Nov 8" for many of the seasons - like rabbit, hare, jackrabbit, grouse, woodchuck, etc.

The answer you are looking for is therefore all in the chart on page 65.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

My original question was hunting small game on Friday Nov. 7th. the day before on WMA that will be stocked for opening day Nov. 8th.
It has always been closed to firearm hunting but this year I do not see the listed at the bottom of the small game season page.
I linked the one from 2012/2013 season.
Bottom of page 65.**No firearm hunting is permitted on November 9 on those WMAs designated as Pheasant and Quail Stamp Areas. See list of areas, page 64.

http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2012/dighnt12.pdf

·
Registered
6,862 Posts
i always remember it as all wma's and other areas being stocked for opening day were always closed the day before mainly for safety reasons for the stockers. small game hunting was still allowed on the other non-stocked wma's the day before.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.