New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it just me or does this state have way too many rules and regs for hunting? [confused]

My girlfriend asked me on Sunday about some of the rules and regs about hunting deer. And by the time I was finished she wished she hadn't asked. Of course, I don't blame her.

Think about it, is it EAB, BAD, what zone, season (early bow, permit bow...)... etc. The list continues.

David

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
For one of the smalliest states that has the most people in it, The States F&G needs to have all them rules & Reg's. But yes your right there is way to many of them.

·
Registered
14,824 Posts
It's not just you. If you hunt in multiple locations you really need to stay on the ball, or carry the digest in your back pocket. (for the CO's phone numbers to verify the confusion)

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
When I first moved to NJ from PA I had to "study" the rules big time.
I am dealing with that right now. This is very hard to get used to, its gonna take me a few years to get it down.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I lived and hunted here all my life and yes it is confusing..I hunt NY state and it is much esier. Bow- buck or doe. rifle- buck ML- buck or doe. Thats it. I'm sure NY will put a antler restriction on like NJ and Penn. And they should. All I see in NY are small scrubby bucks. The Locals where I hunt should stop shooting them year round also. Thats what happens when you live in the mountains and there no police patrol.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
God I was lucky that my cousin has been hunting this state for 20+ years. I read all the regs and then he explained the confusing parts to me.

David

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Yes too may regs. Even the regs have regs.

If you're a duck hunter try to figure out what birds can be hunt on what dates in which zones and you may just end up taking a college statistics course instead - because it will probably be more fun!

Ant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts