New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned 16 last february and when i got my license in november im apparently no longer a youth so i wasnt able to hunt on youth day. I wasnt able to get out during 6-day because i had school all week and a family function that saturday. now im learning that the permit shotgun season was cut to dec 14-16 which is this wednesday-friday, in which i still have school.The state wants me to pay 28.00 for all licences and permits but when the hell am i supposed to get in the woods with a gun??? I feel like this states regulations are so f****d up anymore.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ha, Ha, How's it feel to be all grown up?. You have to go by adult rules now. I have a nephew who is 15 who busts my chops about how he gets to hunt special days. I told him his day is coming also. He better get a job to pay for all the permits he wants, at the adult prices. You will find a way to do it, we all do.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its not really the prices but the season length. Now im not even gonna buy a shotgun permit because theres no days that i can even get in the woods! I think youth should be until 17 because a 16 year old still cant drive so until i can drive i have to have someone take me which makes me feel like im still youth.16 is the worst possible age to be a hunter.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
if ya check the regulation sets there are some zones with a lot of days through feb. Like my zone for instance (11) Do ya know anyone who hunts any other zones who you could go with? I know that means another permit, but the options are limited..

I just started a new job so im in the same boat the last few weeks. no week days for a while, but at least I have a long permit season starting in Jan. I prefer bow myself, but do like to break out the slug gun myself once in a while..

Good luck man

·
Registered
601 Posts
Sounds like your in zone six. Me too, so I bought the muzzle loader permit which gets me out in the woods pretty much the whole month of Dec. If you can get over to zone five, they have a long shotgun permit season.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I turned 16 last february and when i got my license in november im apparently no longer a youth so i wasnt able to hunt on youth day.
If I understand you right, you should have held off on buying that license. Your youth license is valid through December 31 of the year you turn 16. So if you turned 16 in February 2011, your youth license was valid through December 31, 2011.

Edit: It sounds like you have been getting a new license each year. If so, you didn't need to do that. The same license you got right after passing your hunter education class was valid through December 31 of the year you turned 16, and would have said so right on the license.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i am into bow and i normally would take off but i take off 3 days every year to go upstate and hunt so im not allowed to take off opening day. When im driving next year though ill do whatever i want so it doesnt really matter. My main gripe was really about the lack of saturdays i could be in the woods with a gun. Honestly i think they should let us hunt sundays with a firearm in certain areas.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.