New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I inherited the old family 20 and 12 shotguns this past weekend. I was worried driving home with them because they were just unloaded in the trunk... no case.

If I remember correctly... the 12 gauge shoots 12 inches high and to the right.

The 20 guauge...not sure. But I am going to use it for small game. Nice and light.

Oh yeah...both need plugs.

B

·
0 Posts
Drag, those are Ithacas, and if they are old they are really good. You should goto Ithacagun.com
and you can see how old they are by putting in the serial #s, also get yourself a rifled slug barrel for them. I have also have 3 of them, 2 are 12ga., and the other a 20ga

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Shot my first pheasant with my uncle's Model 37. Now my dad owns. He shot the first buck for the gun and him with it. Great gun. But if it ever starts raining when you are using make sure you don't wait to wipe it down or oil it. It rusts quick.

·
Registered
612 Posts
A friend of mine has an old ithaca semi-auto. Maybe it was the design of the gun or the fact there was no recoil pad (just a metal plate) but that thing shooting a 2 3/4" kicked more than my Benelli shooting 3 1/2". Don't get me wrong, it was a sweet looking gun, but I wouldn't want to use it on a day where I got a lot of shooting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts