New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I could shoot\work on my bow indoors?I'm in sussex county and don't mind a reasonable drive.
Thanks,Jeff

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Targeteers is the only indoeer bow range I know of. Ita in Saddle Brook on Rt. 46 right neear Wal-Mart. I shoot there all the time. I have my bow worked on at Franks tackle though if I can;t do it myslef. Targeteers charges $10 for field tips/hour and $20 for broadheads per hour.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Jersey Hunter---I'm faithful to Franks. Deano really knows his stuff too, I have a good relationship with the guys up there. Plus it's only about 5-10 minutes from my house. And unless it's re-stringing or something major I try to do it myself. I've heard that Targeteers is good with bows too, but he's never been overly friendly with me either.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Posted: 10 Dec 2005 11:16 PM

Currently Offline Posts: 1441
CountrBoy,,,,, Deano at Frank's is VERY GOOD....
Do you mean Frank's in Ringwood?.....That's one of my favorite stores,but I didn't know they had a range.

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I've heard that Targeteers is good with bows too, but he's never been overly friendly with me either.
Are you talking about the Father or Son.
Rob is cool his Dad is the most miserable man I've ever met.But Rob(Son) runs the place now so you don't have to deal with the grouchy Dad.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Davis sporting goods in Goshen NY. Indoor archery range 3d & block targets & 100yd indoor rifle range.Gander mountian in Middle town.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had a bad experience with Frank's when I bought my Matthews Outback last year. The guy Deano promised me the world while he was trying to sell me the bow but once he got my money and I went back 2 days later to get it set up he said he didn't remember selling me the bow and it would be at least 2 weeks before he could help me out. I grew up in ringwood and have spent thousands in there, especially when Eric and elena ran it, but that was it for me. Maybe I just caught him on a bad day but gimme a break he didn't remember taking the 700 dollars out of my hand 2 days before! Anyway I took the bow down to Sig Borstad archery in mcafee and even though he busted my chops for not buying from him and second that he doesn't even sell matthews bows he had that thing shooting bullet holes in 10 minutes. No lie! Well thats the guy that'll be getting my money for a while. Sorry to be off topic but seeing that post by country boy and 35 kinda struck a nerve. As far as shooting Davis has a great gun range and I'm definately gonna check out their archery range cause i'm heading to Iowa next year and want to be ready!

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
I live about a mile and a half from Bordy's in Florham Park...i think its 6$/half hourand 10$/hour..its a nice little shop

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Strickly Archery on Rt 57 in Washington has a 12 yard indoor range. The owls nest in Alpha has a 17 (?) yard indoor range.

-dan

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I used to take my bows to Strictly Archery when they were in Washington on Br [no swearing please] Castle Rd.Two bros.own the shop they do real good work.The one brother was a pro staff 3d shooter for Browning when i used to go there.He shot a 3 arrow group with my bow had to be 3/4" dia.at 20 yds.Good enough, but he's left-handed and I'm righty!

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
jlcsr,

Strictly is now on Rt 57. Tommy and Ray still run the place. Both are excellent bow techs. Both are excellent hunters and Tommy still shoots competitively, Ray not as much. Good guys, a little pricey though.

-dan

·
Registered
505 Posts
my gun club which is 12min from the rt 22 bridge at phillipsburg has an indoor archery range, outdoor range, 3d shoots, trap, rifle, and pistol ranges, stock pheasant and trout, has a fishermans night in spring where we give away a boat, guns, fishing equip, in the fall hunters night, give away lots of guns, membership is $20.00 yr can't beat that with a stick anyone interested let me know

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
gypsy,

What club is this? I am looking for a gun club with a pistol range?

-dan

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.