New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a great talk by Charlie Alsheimer from Deer & Deer Hunting. During his talk he said the only things that really matter at the end of our lives are the relationships that we have. The number of deer we’ve killed, the size of our biggest buck, the size of our house, etc. don’t really matter all that much.

Hunting can be a great way to develop and foster relationships with friends and family, but unfortunately it can also be something that destroys relationships if we are selfish with our time. Use your time wisely and keep your priorities straight. There will always be more hunting seasons but relationships are hard to get back.

As a new hunting season begins I wish everyone luck, safety, and the chance to spend some quality time with family and friends in the great outdoors.

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
Great post and same to you[up]

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Excellent post. Good thoughts also. We are all well advised to take a step back and consider things for what they really are. Good Luck to everyone this year and hunt safely!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
So very true! Hunting for me is the preparation before the hunt, the excitement leading up to the hunt and being in the woods enjoying nature. Even when I come home with nothing or see nothing all day, it's still a great enjoyment for me! My first buck, a 7 pointer, will be the only buck of "a lifetime" for me. I hunted for 10+ years before I got that buck and nothing will surpass it in my mind. To me, it's all about being outdoors and enjoying God's great woods!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Very well put.To me going hunting and I almost never get anything is all about nature.Its relaxing to me to walk in the woods,get some exercise,and maybe see some animals.Its a way to blow off steam or release stress from a bad day or week at work.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Good post and great pic!

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Good post 870 I lost my dad 3 yrs ago he would always say hunt or fish one day with a stranger and you will have a friend for life.

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
Hunting can be a great way to develop and foster relationships with friends and family
To me, it's all about being outdoors and enjoying God's great woods!
Even a non-hunter, like me, appreciates this. My nephew, Jason (Outlaw) will be taking me out again, this year. Couldn't make it yesterday, but will soon. Spending quality time out there with him, is the best. If he gets a deer during that time, even better. ;)

870, very nice family pic. Congrats to the young hunter. :D

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
One more thing to add. I'd rather be in my stand all day enjoying a nice snow squal or snow storm than dragging a deer out. Or watching geese fly overhead and leaves fall to the ground. Last December I was in my stand and the wind was howling and the snow blowing hard. Mother Nature turned the woods into a beautiful landscape. That was an awesome day and better spent in the woods than in the office.

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Great post I thank god all the time I still have my father this will be our 29th season hunting together. We hunt with my buddies. My group hunts for all the right reasons to get together and enjoy the hunt. We would all love to drop a booner but sometimes we get lucky and get a deer.. Its the hunting and hanging out.. I hope my little girls will love it one day also..

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Great Post Rusty![up]

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.