New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About twenty mins ago I was throwin my hunting stuff in the car. I picked up my grunt tube and made a few grunts to make sure it was working properly. About 5 seconds after i grunted I heard a couple grunts coming from my back lawn...Went on my deck which is elevated about 12 feet off the ground and started grunting. While i moved to the deck this buck moved to the side lawn. I gave a few more grunts then my bro came outside and that buck walked off. I continued hoping to bring him back in when I heard a deer coming threw the woods pretty fast. It was another buck. he circled the same way down wind and I caught a glimpse of his body as he passed through the outskirts the light that shines on my driveway. I guess I will be out calling tom. morning. They came to grunts and estrous bleats. It was really cool.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Fun to play with the calls when they respond. We never have luck with the can calls here in NH. Last year in Zone 4 i used the can call during permit season set up over a corn field and it was like watching the part in field of dreams when the players are walking into the corn stalks and you see the stalks moving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts