New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were at our zone 2 property yesterday hanging some stands shooting from the stands etc. We saw a few good bucks. My plan is to wack a doe at first light then go for one of my target bucks in that zone that day or Sunday!!! I am really excited for this season. We have great signs and some awesome looking bucks this year. Letting so many walk last season looks like the right move even though I came up empty. Hopefully it will be all worth it this year :D

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exactly Parker [up] Thank God I don't need to put meat in my freezer that bad where I can let the little guys grow. If things were different and it was needed to feed my family then I would probably look at it differently. Either way between our property in zone 2 and 3 we have some sweet bucks running around and I hope I get a crack at one this year [up]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw these 2 bucks while scouting yesterday. I hope I get a crack at the non typical [up] He is the buck on the left, his right beam is all twisted!

Not the best picture of his rack but he is awesome!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
good luck cant wait to see pics of him when you get him[up][up]

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
My plan is to wack a doe at first light then go for one of my target bucks in that zone that day or Sunday!!!
im with you on this but we all know how things can go. thats why its called hunting. some may go a lifetime and not shoot a buck like those.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im with you on this but we all know how things can go. thats why its called hunting. some may go a lifetime and not shoot a buck like those.
Oh I know very well how "a plan" can go and it never ever works in my favor [smirk]. But we all need a reason to get out of bed and have something to look forward to. I know if I stay positive and not get discouraged I will score this year [up]

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
zone 2 representin yo.....there are alot of deer there great habitat it is a series of small river valleys and agriculture or grass fields it is great that you have a spot there and in another zone the herds look to be in good shape both in 2 and 3 i am pshched for we can now refer to as "opening weekend" this is going re-defne the social aspect of bowhunting very exciting best of luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts