New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant take it anymore, I NEED to go hunting!

My family just tackled me 15 steps from my truck. I was in full camo, had my bow and quiver, and they said I was yelling something about "must hunt now...cant wait any longer!"

I just got done shooting my bow, and Im just going nuts....I played those shooting games...didnt help, dressed up in my camo...didnt help....checked and double checked my hunting equipment list...didnt help.

How much longer? 6 weeks? Wheres the countdown? At least I can sit and watch the minutes tick away! :eek:

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drives you nuts doesnt it?

I saw a big buck the other day, and I almost swerved into a tree. I may have to lug a stand into somewhere and just sit and watch for a few hours.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is Garrett Mtn? I saw pics on here of a really nice buck from there...

Id like to go take a look. Can you hunt anywhere near it?

B

·
0 Posts
Garret Mtn. is just off Rt. 80 east bound in West Paterson, and sorry to say no hunting allowed.[down]

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BHC, anywhere near there that you can hunt?

Ill have to look it up on a map...I never can picture woods in areas like Paterson...but those are the places with the biggest bucks usually.

Drag, where and when do you want to go hunt some groundhogs? Any days during the week good for you?
Did you get your bow sighted in with the new release?

I still havent shot over at the range on Berkshire Valley rd...

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Speaking of not being able to wait for the season last year one week before the start of early bow season the Morris county CO caught a guy hunting over bait in Randolph on a Sunday.On the same day another guy was caught in Hunterdon doing the same thing.The guy from Morris county told the CO that he always starts hunting when the bucks come out of velvet.The Hunterdon county guy tried to say he was just practicing......in his scentlock suit.:p[down]

·
Banned
8,011 Posts
Well everyone I can't wait anymore... I'm going hunting tomorrow... taking treestand, getting all camoed out, putting on WAR PAINT, getting in my stand and when a deer walks by........BAMMMMMMMM

I push the button on my digital camera... ;)

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Geez Mystic, you had me scared there for a second. I thought I was gonna have to turn you in.:p

I never heard about those guys hunting before the season, but man thats low. Just wait for opening day calmly (by taking meds) just like everyone else.:D That really is wrong though....[mad]

I actually have some stuff I can do to prep for the season, so that will hold me over. Days like today dont help though, when I wake up and its cool, and breezy. I hear the wind blowing through the leaves, and I picture sitting in my stand, listening to the woods wake-up.[up]

·
Registered
125 Posts
Iam layed up I just had knee surgery on 7/15 hope to be ready for Sept ???? Just sitting around looking at the deer heads :D:D

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Mystic, unfortunately for me, scouting is done, I do it in season, and mostly February through April. Spots are picked, and trees are prepped already.[up]

Though I have done a few sessions of "Shoot & Release" over the years.[up]It is fun, but not the same as sitting there with your bow...Close, but not the same rush. Plus, I dont like to go in my spots this close to the season. I may have to go find that place Garrett Mtn though, Id like to sit in there.

What I should really be doing is prepping for the two bear hunts Im trying to put together with friends.:eek:

Geneo, I hope your knee gets healed up fast, and you can make opening day. Heres to a speedy recovery![up]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Matty - I'm with you on this!

10 more days and I'm in Texas!

The good thing, when I return - plenty of 3-d shoots and neccessary tune-ups.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drag did you get my email today about the picnic?

If you can come with me that day, it would be a good excuse to shoot the bows!

If you cant come, Im taking the motorcycle there, it should be a nice ride over to Pequest!:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts