New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally got the chance to go. i'm printing my license out right now. i'm going to hit the musky off penwell road. it's a trout conservation area.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went out today. fishing was terrible till i caught a 19 to 20 inch 4.5 to 5 lb rainbow!!!! It was real fat with a huge jaw. the lower lip had a huge knob at the end of it. It put up no fight what so ever. my drag didn't even go off. i caught him right across the street from magnum 57 trucks on rt57 above stephensburg. that was the only fish i caught. my buddy came out with me. he didn't catch anything. we didn't see another fisherman out there. we did see alot of deer along rt57 though.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wish i didn't forget my camera. i was pissed. i left it right by the front door and walked out. i threw him back so i hope he is around for awhile.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
How do you get to that area and what are the restrictions? I'm sure I will remember the restrictions once you tell me though, I read the digest cover to cover. I just don't know how to get there.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where are you coming from? this area where i caught this has no special restrictions. just a normal fishing hole. i don't bait fish so i do fish alot of special areas though. i just use spinners and the 1.5 inch rapalas.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I would be coming from morris county. Lincoln Park to be exact. I wouldn't bait fish either, but might use barbless.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i only caught the one but it was worth it. i would take.

mpemt24, i don't know where lincoln park is but if you take rt46 west to hackettstown, make a left at rt517. follow this through the center of all the stores and make the right onto rt57. go down till you see Magnum 57 Truck sales on the right. Park right across the street from there.

i hope this helps.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I'll have to take a ride someday. I think I might head to Ken Lockwood Gorge on the 19th.

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
Not yet, have to pick one up.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you can buy your license and trout stamp online. thats what i did. $33

·
Registered
14,010 Posts
I wonder if I can just get the stamp online since I already had the all around. But the stamp is an excuse to get to the store.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts