New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My breakfast consisted of pork roll and eggs this morning. For lunch, I had a ham sandwich and was planning on eating a spinach salad for dinner.

However, my dad called me this afternoon invited me over for dinner as he was making a pot of gravy (not sauce) with tomatoes from his garden he still had in the freezer. That pot of gravy contained the finsihed goods of our Tennessee boar in the form of ribs with hot and sweet Italian sausage. The combination of macaroni (not pasta), freshly grated imported Incanestrano cheese from Sicily, vino, and the pork was extremely tasty. Those ribs were falling right off the bone as I worked my way through them. I am still licking my chops!

Here is a pic of my dinner.

·
Registered
9,817 Posts
Yea that actually pisses me off a little when people say gravy. Please, if at all possible, stop referring to the tomato sauce that is covering that beautifully cooked meat as gravy.
On thanksgiving when your eating turkey you may refer to the brown substance that is put on top of it as gravy.

All kidding aside, beautiful dish
"salut e'chiend anne"!!!![drinking]

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here's a pic of tonight's dinner. We just got back from a preserve hunt and the owners allowed me to take a small pig. I cooked it in the oven for 4 hours on low heat, that,baked potatoes and coleslaw, YUM!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Cook the meat in the tomatoes its gravy. Broil or grill the meat to cook of the fat and finish in the pot with tomatoes its sauce. Nice pig what times dinner.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Definitely gravy and looks awesome!!

The difference between sauce and gravy is that gravy contains some type of liquid from meat, be it beef stock or simply the juices drained...but I like my wife's answer,

"It's gravy if the meat juices are used...or unless you're a f**kin Italian and the reason for the whole gravy/sauce debate"[rofl][rofl]

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
They look like rigatoni to me

That pig looks awesome, and would have been great even without the "surgical incision". WHY didn't you call us?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
They both look real tasty!! cj3a, you got it exactly right...technically anything that's made with meat drippings is gravy so when you fry up your meat and put it in the pot you just made a pot of gravy...without it's marinara (sauce)

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
Def. gravy and macaroni or a swift slap from my grandpa would follow lol [rofl]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.