New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats!

For those of you who did not apply...still several thousand left and will be for sale OTC on 8/11. You can get to the DNR website from here:

Illinois DNR

I also still have a couple of openings for bow hunts this fall in Illinois:
Illinois Deer Hunt

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
GO get'm[up] [up][up]

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
why so many left?
too many tags available or economy?

when i went it was nuts on the phone trying to get through.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
For those of you who did not apply...still several thousand left and will be for sale OTC on 8/11
Can you still buy an Illinois archery tag? I thought the deadline was the end of june?

·
Registered
528 Posts
I don't think any NR has ever not got a License to hunt Illinois
Not true...about 5 years ago they only offered 13,000 NR tags and they were on a first come first serve basis (call in) and if you didn't call that first day, you didn't get your tag. This was back in 2004 - 2005.

Around 2006, the Illinois DNR increased the tag alotment to 20,000 and also increased the price of the tag. the outfitters got what they wanted (more tags) and the state got more revenue. They also swicthed the system to a lottery where you have the whole month of June to apply for a drawing to be held in August. The first 7500 tags were reserved for NR hunters hunting with an outfitter, so if you hunt with an outfitter and did not get one of the first 7500 tags, you would go into the drawing again with all the other NR hunters, doubling your odds to draw.

This lasted till this year, when they added another 5000 tags. This year there are 25,000 NR tags avaialble for purchase and so far only about 15,000 have been sold.

Why...it's getting expense to buy a tag in Illinois (about $460 for archery) and they have SO many tags avaialble. But the biggest factor for sure this year is the economy...not many guys with the extra cash...

But if you do have some money burining a hole in your pocket, I can still get you in Pike Couty, on a great farm, meals and lodging included, fully guided, for $1,700! Dates are 10/30 - 11/4 or 11/13 - 11/18, 6 DAYS during the rut!!!

CALL OR EMAIL ME for more details!

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not true...about 5 years ago they only offered 13,000 NR tags and they were on a first come first serve basis (call in) and if you didn't call that first day, you didn't get your tag
True I remember That

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
thats when i was there with keppy, 5-6 years ago.
i think there was 15,ooo, and they sold out in a few days.
if i had the money i would go right back. really liked it out there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts