New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If your heading to Illinois to deer hunt this year, don't forget permits go on sale tomorrow.

$400.00 for permits
$50.75 for the annual license
$5.50 for the habitat stamp

total $456.25

If you are going for 5 days or less, you can get a 5 day license for under $30.00.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
Have a question with a permit you can shoot one deer on that permit if you chose to harvest another deer must you pay another $400.00 for a new permit?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That permit is only good for 1 buck and 1 doe. You buy extra doe permits after you shoot your first doe. Non-residents is 1 archery buck per season.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I think I have changed my mind and will get a tag and head out to Pike this year:D
Thanks for the reminder and info on the five day deal, I did not know about that and will take advantage of that. So you have that option when you apply, right?

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Where do you guys hunt in Illinois. Going out there first week in November for my first trip to the state. Got hooked up with a farmer. Farm is in Pike County with a house on it and it is a do it yourself hunt. We are supposed to be the first group on the property. Hoping that is true.

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I just went on the IL DNR site. It seems that they want the $400 up front. I seem to remember last year it was free to go in the lottery then you bought the permit after being picked. Am I missing something?

Also what is the permit application dead line? I thought it was june 30 or June 15 not sure.

BTW I will be in Iriquois county

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.