New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
Well that sure is a Big Buck!

A once in a lifetime buck.

Awesome![up]
I wish we had the story on the hunt to go with the pictures.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
Who is the member that went with Performance Outdoors? I went with them once, and I assure you it will be the last time. Not a positive experience at all, but they do hunt some great property in Illinois, IMO they don't hunt it well/smart/safe.[down]

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
I hate Canned hunts but I guess it is the best way to land a Monster if you don't have the time to put in the woods.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
They aren't fenced and I went with them, I do not recommend them based on my experience. Some have had good experiences, mine was not. In fact someone just asked about them on AT, and here is what I replied...

negative from me, been there done that never again with them.
In a nutshell...

-Unsafe stands...I almost fell while climbing their sticks having one kick out. Good thing I was holding onto the next stick above or I would have fallen. Safety belt was not an option, 3 men could not fit their arms combined around this oak tree.
-Poorly positioned stands, so you can see deer but not necessarily get shots at them. Avg shot distance was 40-50 yards to the most likely trails in the stands I hunted.
-Non scent conscious guides who spew diesel fumes from their trucks on you while you are getting prepped to go in
-Guides spitting chew on the ground while walking you into your stand
-Unwilling to move stands to position you on deer, despite sightings
-"Reserved" stand locations for "repeat" customers who "have been hunting with them for years"

Ultimately poorly run and potentially unsafe stands. Enough to make me not want to go with them again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts