New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three 6-gal Moultrie feeders & 1 30-gal Moultrie feeders. I use corn from Wal-Mart it is really clean.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have a 6 gallon feeder(not sure of the brand) and put it out from late August until feb, but I find that the deer dont use it until late December. I buy the corn from a local farmer for $8 per 100lbs.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
I just hunt over what the farmer plants. I am even cheaper then you :D

·
Registered
607 Posts
I ran a hog hunting camp in FL for a couple of years. I made my feeders out of 55 gal drums with metal pipes for legs (tripods). I only used Game Country motor/timers. Most dependable, easy to program and a very strong motor. I had 12 of them working at any given time.

Here in NJ I bought a 30 gal plastic barrel but I swapped out the motor it came with and put on one of my old Game Country ones.

If you can find a place that sells barrels with lids you can just purchase the motor at most sporting goods stores and make your own. Good Luck! ;)

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Hkdonfishn that was the best answer. I don't bait either,I'd rather hunt the deer.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
I just dump out a 50 lb bag of deer feed each week, Brings in deer and bear like a charm,It's a sweat feed lots of molasses in it.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey DBuck I think everyone in the state of NJ know's you don't bait & hate other's who do bait . I am posting this to see what kind of feeders & feed guy's are using. I did not make this post for someone to trash other guy's who do bait.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Never said that I HATE baiters...and where the hell was the trashing? Just because I said that I choose to hunt the deer? Thats trashing? LOL...Now thats funny. Get over it BOY.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Tim,
I seen you trash every one who feed's deer on other web site . And before for you call someone a boy maybe you need to look at you'r self.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts