New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed some posts, i think last week, where people were asking for venison. Id like to help out if I can I just dont know if Ill be able to reach out to the right people($$$ and distance is a slight problem for me otherwise id deliver). If I shoot a doe on friday evening(or the next time i get a shot) I will gut it drag it and take it to the butcher. All you do is pick up, pay and on your way. Usually Ill take the back straps but Ill let you get one and I get one and some ground. We can work that out. Not too worried about that just want to help whoever is in need.

Please do not say yes and then not pick up the venison. I am in the south jersey/burlington county area and bring my deer to clover meat market(where u will pick up). The cuts are basic. Ground, backstrap, steaks, chip steak.

If this fits into your driving radius and are in need of food/venison please let me know ASAP. PM ME. I have the room but want to throw this out there first.

I will do this once and if it goes smooth AWESOME. If not then one bad apple ruins it for the rest.

I just want to help out those in need

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would definitely do that. Thanks for the suggestion. Want to see if anyone on here wants it first

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Why not just donate it to Hunters Helping the Hungry
as far as I know they don't have that program down here in the south its all up central and north jersey wish they had it down here.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks! I was going to look into that.

I know guys that do the work and others pick up the meat. Thats why I posted here. If anyone is interested let me know. If not, ill continue to stock up. If this came off the wrong way then thats my fault and I appologize

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Ive noticed some posts, i think last week, where people were asking for venison.

I think the post last week was me, looking for venison (will work for venison :) ) Me and my better half went out in september and october but no luck. First year without venison (which sucks)! All the farmers around us planted corn - and waited until mid november to cut. The deer lived in the fields and never came out into the woods. I'm hvac and too busy with work to hunt past october. So no venison for us :(

I got duece and ducks (dave) in my town of hamilton to donate a small deer to us. We cut it up last week. And then deermaster (joe) gave us some ground meat and some chip steaks and a few other goodies which is great.

Always great hunters helping other hunters! I will have to make sure to pay it forward myself for somebody else needing help down the road.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only shoot what you will eat. It's ok to donate, but if there is no demand for it, why shoot it?
I dont hunt game or kill "just to kill".....same with fishing. I keep what I can eat and release what I can not. If no one took me up on the offer I was going to look into donating to that hunters helping the hungry program.

Im taking a back seat and trying to help someone else first...then myself. NOTHING will go to waste. I have the room if needed[up]

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the post last week was me, looking for venison (will work for venison :) ) Me and my better half went out in september and october but no luck. First year without venison (which sucks)! All the farmers around us planted corn - and waited until mid november to cut. The deer lived in the fields and never came out into the woods. I'm hvac and too busy with work to hunt past october. So no venison for us :(

I got duece and ducks (dave) in my town of hamilton to donate a small deer to us. We cut it up last week. And then deermaster (joe) gave us some ground meat and some chip steaks and a few other goodies which is great.

Always great hunters helping other hunters! I will have to make sure to pay it forward myself for somebody else needing help down the road.
So great to hear stories like this with hunters helping hunters/others. Glad they helped you out..good stuff[up]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts