New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First let me start by saying that the Bowhunter's Superstore (formely Bowhunter's Warehouse) in Wellsville, Pa is a truely incredible store. The prices were alot less than even Cabelas and the selection was as good or better than the Hamburg,Pa Cabelas. Most importantly Paul Burns was there who was increbibly knowledgable in all types of bows and anything archery related. He took a ton of time to honestly tell us about all aspects of crossbow hunting. It was well worth the ride and we were able to save not only on shipping but basically purchase all our stuff at wholesale prices.

After alot of research I ended up buying an excalibur equinox a 225lb. bow shooting at 350fps. I am excited to use it on some of my field stands to slightly extend my comfortable ranges and during gun season on my bow only properties as well as turkey hunting on my bow only properties. More info will follow when I get to shoot it. Any questions feel free to ask, any negative comments move on to another post.

·
Registered
17,065 Posts
Thanks for the info, great looking store. [up]:D Good luck with that Excalibur Equinox. [up]

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats! You will be sooo happy with it. Let me know how you like the lumizone scope.

FYI

I found these are the only cases that fit it.

Link to cases

I bought the top one....very very good. There are 2 pockets..one holds a full quiver and the other hold the rest of the accessories you may need.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I am shooting the firebolts and excal 150 grain heads that came with it, I test shot it to see how it flew....it worked out good and then I ordered more. Very happy with it. I use the center crosshairs for 20 to 30 yards and the one down for 40....I don't want to shoot any further than that at a deer.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
I have never been to that store but it looks really cool.
I did just talk to them today about carrying our DVD and they said to send them a copy and it will go into review so hopefully we will make it in there store.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.