New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to my spot (state land) to check on things for the last time before Saturday.

As Im pulling up I notice 3 cop cars by where I usually park (Im thinking they just caught someone stealing my stand).

I park my truck and get out and approach the area where the officers are standing. They are standing on the road I take into the woods and are talking to two kids. I notice one cop has a camo shotgun in hand.

I ask the cop if everything is ok and if its safe to go in the woods, he tells me they have it under control and will be out my way in a few minutes.

I waited till they left then walked into the woods, As I headed throught the woods I noticed spent shotgun shells (#8 shot) along my route.

As I get within 20 yrds of my stand I notice about 20 spent shells in the area.[mad] I walked out through the back side of my stand and notice more spent shells along the way.

I approach my stand thinking they just shot it up but dont find any issues or problems with it.

It seems these two knuckleheads decided to shoot up the woods two days before opening day and right by the area I hunt[wallmad].

Do you guys think its even worth my going in Saturday morning or should I wait it out?

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Don't worry, go anyway. I don't think the shooting will stop the deer from coming in if you have been baiting. Besides, you can't sit home on opening morning! Good luck I am sure you will do alright![up]

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
If it was me i would go anyway. Only way to really tell is to sit and see if theres any action or not .
good luck to ya .
John

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Got2hunt .
Here is proof that being discouraged dosnt work . normanly i need to be in my stand no later then 1:30 pm aftera crapy season of misses getting busted people scouting mid season walking past my stand i had about all i can take so last day of 6 day im sitting on the couch at 2:00 so after convincing myself not to be a moron and got sit the last day i get to my stand at 2:45 at 2:51 this is what i had my biggest so far so go es to prove you never know what will happen and youll never know if you dont go .Good huntin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.