New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I plan on joining the army and all i have most of that figured out but i always wondered what i want to do after the army. Well i think i figured out what i want to do after the army and what not assuming i get in and all. A game warden. Seems like id like it lol. But could anybody pint me to some web sights or give me info on some requirements and how to become a game warden in the future. thanks

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Some Fishery Technology classes would help and throw in some Criminal Justice classes as well as the Wildlife Management.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Are you looking to be a federal game warden in New Jersey, or a game warden with the New Jersey Division of Fish and Wildlife? I'm studying to be a federal game warden right now at school. Federal is more of a criminal justice major, and the NJDFW wardens are more wildlife biology major, but experience in both definitely help. In fact, I was chatting with two wardens today at the bear check station about what majors they took. One majored in marine biology. Really nice guys! Here's a really good sight. Good luck!

http://www.gamewardenedu.org/new-jersey/

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
There are several colleges that have specific game warden programs. One of the Wildlife Officers I met in TN went that route and I know someone who is currently staying that up in VT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.