Registered
2,163 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
<QUOTE>

5/11/13
Urgent News for NJ Hunters :

I think your group should be made aware of the NJ Senate bill that was just released that is going tohave a big impact on NJ Hunters. I'm also hoping that your group will be able to spread this informationto other NJ hunters as soon as possible on Facebook or Twitter.
Please read over the details below. If you think this is something important, please forward this to yourclub members. Encourage them to spread the word. Using electronic media, I hope we can reachenough of the Hunters in South Jersey before it’s too late to stop this. Feel free to copy and paste theinfo below or just forward my email.
If you hunt in NJ, you need to know about a new bill that has a lot of changes for NJ hunters. This bill willprobably pass the Senate this week, possibly on Monday.
NJ Senate bill S2723 - The text of the bill was just released. You can find the bill at www.njleg.state.nj.usunder Bills 2012-2013. Type in 2723for a copy of all 40 pages of new restrictions.
Below is a summary of changes to the current law. It affects hunters more than any law has since FPIDcards were introduced.

• Firearm Purchase ID cards (FPID) and Permits to Purchase Pistols (P2Ps) will be replaced by anencoded "strip" on the NJ Driving License.
  • This encoding can be remotely disabled.
  • Current FPID cards will remain valid until your DL next needs renewing.
  • At the renewal of your DL, you will be offered the opportunity to transfer your FPID card into
    your DL; when you elect 'yes', you will have to undergo a criminal background check prior to theencoding. This will still be done by the local police chief. P2Ps will also be turned on or offremotely.
  • FPID encoding will remain valid through subsequent DL renewal.
  • P2Ps placed on the DL will be valid until the DL needs renewing, and then will require a further
    background check. One Gun a Month still applies.
  • It appears that the AG may alternatively decide to issue a separate new FPID card, which bears a
    picture of the holder. These will have to be renewed every 4 years, with a background check
    required each time.
  • The State will develop a new status check to be applied at each purchase, by swiping the card.
  • The federal National Instant Background Check (NICS) is still required for each purchase at the
    Dealer
  • Out of state gun shops, that don’t have the ability to scan NJ DLs, won’t be able to sell guns to
    NJ residents. No more shopping at Millers or Cabela’s.
  • In order to get the new FPID card and/or the DL encoding, applicants will have to show proof of
    training even if you already have an FPID.
  • The new-form FPID card / DL encoding will be required for all ammunition purchases, not just
    handgun rounds. All ammunition sales will be electronically reported to the State at the time ofpurchase, and available to Law enforcement in real time.

• You will not be able to purchase handgun ammo unless you present the New Card encoded witha P2P. This seems to say that if you don't want to buy a new pistol, you will need to apply for aP2P anyway to be able to buy ammunition for existing handguns. In other words, you'll need toapply for a P2P (and get background checked) every 4 years, just to be able to buy ammo foryour existing guns.
  • You need to wait 7 days after paying for a handgun before you can take possession of it.
    The Senate Law and Public Safety Committee and Senate Budget Committee passed different versions ofthis bill over the past couple weeks. I was there, as were hundreds of other people who came to speakagainst these bills. Two or three dozen people showed up in support of these bills and many of thosewere invited from Newtown Connecticut by Senator Sweeny from Salem County. He is also the sponsorof this bill.
    Senator Sweeny is the Senate President which makes him the top democrat in the state. His party isgoing to vote for this, most of the few republicans in the Senate are likely to vote no. There aren’tenough republicans in the Senate to stop this.
    Senator Sweeny needs to know that this is going to be a career killer for him if this passes. His districtincludes Alloway, Bridgeton, Carneys Point, Deerfield, Elk, Elmer, Elsinboro, Lower Alloways Creek,Mannington, Oldmans, Pennsville, Pilesgrove, Pittsgrove, Quinton, Salem, South Harrison, UpperDeerfield, Upper Pittsgrove, Woodstown . A lot, maybe most, of the States Hunters live in his district.
    Please call his office today. Fill is voice mail box, burn up his fax machine, and flood his office with callsas soon as his staff gets in Monday morning. Please feel free to stop by to speak with him too. He can bereached at:
    District Office: 935 Kings Highway, Suite 400, West Deptford, NJ 08086 (856) 251-9801District Office: 199 East Broadway, 1st Floor, Suite G, Salem, NJ 08079 (856) 339-0808
    Thank you.

<END QUOTE>

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fuck the NJ senate
Swampbuck...while I share your frustration, I don't think that your comment is enough to help. We need all NJ Hunters to get on the phone, email, or fax Sweeney's office and make him aware that he is gone if he allow this to go through. Also please refer to the audio of our NJ Law Makers stating that they want a Bill to Confiscate, Confiscate, Confiscate. This means your guns as well.

(856) 251-9801 OFFICE PHONE
(856) 251-9752 OFFICE FAX
[email protected] email address

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
What a bunch of assholes. Just think......All of this will do nothing for crime (Not that they care). Now we are gonna have to pay every 4 years for new FID's and background checks. I doubt they have the money to set all of this up and put it into place.

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
I think Sweeney is actually a dem from Gloucester county but aside from that this posting seems about rite. Fuck the senate and NJ all together. I dunno why anyone stays here.

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
What a bunch of assholes. Just think......All of this will do nothing for crime (Not that they care). Now we are gonna have to pay every 4 years for new FID's and background checks. I doubt they have the money to set all of this up and put it into place.
I wouldn't worry about paying every 4 years. It's going to take them more than 4 years to process your application with the spike in volume. You'll probably pay every 6-7 years and just have 2-3 year stretches where you can't buy guns or ammo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I wouldn't worry about paying every 4 years. It's going to take them more than 4 years to process your application with the spike in volume. You'll probably pay every 6-7 years and just have 2-3 year stretches where you can't buy guns or ammo.
This state has figured out just about every possible way of eliminating legal firearms purchases with issuing a outright ban, I was in Cabela's yesterday talking to a couple of guys behind the counter and they knew about this bill and how really really bad it is

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Keep voting these folks in!! It's the people of NJ that let this happen. They either vote for who will give them the most free stuff. Or don't vote, because they feel that it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
21,476 Posts
Thank God my wife is fully on board with getting the hell out of this shit hole state.....
We are heading down to start house and property shopping in Tennessee in two more weeks, we already have several places lined up....

Reactions: Jason1

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Just got back from my place in Vt. and every time my wife and I drive back we wonder why the hell we come back to this septic tank. Its just for the money I guess. But, mark my words, the day is coming. They sure dont have the concentration of game we have but you can walk the woods all day during hunting season with your RIFLE and never see or hear another soul. My sons were walking home during small game season last year with 2 grouse in hand. Walking right down the road with 2 grouse and shotguns in hand and had 2 different women stop and tell them how to cook the grouse so they didnt dry out! Its like going back 50 - 75 years here...

Reactions: Jason1

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I know I will get flack for this but here goes.. I believe NJ is too far gone in the cae of gun rights and I think the way it is now is the way it is going to stay. Let me explain. I listened to that video, although those women made me sick I was not suprised. State senaters like them make up the majority in NJ. Unfortunatley THAT will not change either unless most of NJ votes according to core values and not WHAT THEY BELIEVE is thier pocketbook in mind. I would bet that at the very least 50% of the guys on NJH voted that way and will not admit. Not trying to start a war but if you REALLY think about this issue, that is the only reason why the laws are the way they are here..

·
Banned
3,127 Posts
I know I will get flack for this but here goes.. I believe NJ is too far gone in the cae of gun rights and I think the way it is now is the way it is going to stay. Let me explain. I listened to that video, although those women made me sick I was not suprised. State senaters like them make up the majority in NJ. Unfortunatley THAT will not change either unless most of NJ votes according to core values and not WHAT THEY BELIEVE is thier pocketbook in mind. I would bet that at the very least 50% of the guys on NJH voted that way and will not admit. Not trying to start a war but if you REALLY think about this issue, that is the only reason why the laws are the way they are here..
I agree! Far to many vote a whole lot different than they talk or place other issues above liberty when it comes time to vote. For some reason the class warfare the dems are so apt to start, is a really effective means of getting votes. I think 50% is a conservative estimate.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts