New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you NEW NEW NEW guys whats up? Start posting speak up will ya !!!!! Welcome to NJH [up]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At work we hire so many rookies, its hard to keep up so we call the rookies "NEW NEW NEW GUYS"

·
Registered
13 Posts
hey guys, just moved down to zone 34 from philadelphia. I dont really know the area so i am just hunting a stretch state land next to my property. Saw four does yesterday so i am hoping bucks will soon follow with the rut.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Maybe it's me your referring to as the new guy! Name is Don, and I'm a member of UBNJ. Been bowhunting for 24 yrs. I enjoy reading all the post's and giving some of my input as well. Hunt strictly public WMA in Zone 4. I love the challenge!!!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
BHC - Well goodluck the rest of the bow season. I'll be up there Saturday with my buddy, then next week, my son if off from school on thursday and friday, so he'll join us for a three-day bowhunt. We gotta score on something...I hope. I saw this handsome 8 pointer last week so i'm gonna hold out my buck stub for shot hopefully at him. Would really love for my son to get his first deer, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
hey fellaz...My name is Matt and I live in South PLAINfield, NJ but have only hunted in PA as of now...I started hunting when I was 14 and have gone every year since then (im now 23). I have never hunted in Jersey, because my grandfather has always knocked hunting in this state and he basically influenced me to stick with Pennsy and only Pennsy. Now that his hunting has began to get limited because of his age, I want to start going out and doing some exploring on my own.I am next in line to become a member of a wonderful hunting club that is located in Bradford County, PA...I have been going there since I was 2 years old. The club was founded in the late 1940's and my grandfather has been a member since the early 1950's...he is still alive and is still a member at age 82...He tought me everything I know about hunting and I love the memories I have shared in the woods with him...The club is really a special place for me...It's a nice house on 126 acres and is surrounded by endless amounts of barely hunted woods in all directions as far as the eye can see. ...I mostly deer hunt, exclusively with a .308 rifle...although I also turkey hunt and do a little bit of small game hunting. I'm also a hardcore fisherman and I have been fishing the Laurence Harbor Jetty non stop for the past 3 weeks with not too much to show for it besides a bad cold and some slot sized stripers. Anyway, this year I was planning on getting into NJ hunting. My only fear about hunting in this state is that there is really no good places where I can go hunting without joining a club or something...I don't really know any good spots to go, but I am interested in hunting Northern/Central New Jersey...I also applied for a bear permit this year as I really want to begin to explore different area's of the hunting world...If anyone is interested in doing some hunting anytime/any place- let me know...I just found out about this message board in the courier news this past weekend from Stabile's article, but this place is really great!:):D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
welcome to NJH....No good places in NJ to hunt without joining a club? Son you need to do your homework, NJ has alot places to hunt, thats public, no need to spend the $$$$$

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My only fear about hunting in this state is that there is really no good places where I can go hunting without joining a club or something...I don't really know any good spots to go, but I am interested in hunting Northern/Central New Jersey...I also applied for a bear permit this year as I really want to begin to explore different area's of the hunting world...
Kid you need to lay off that CRACK, there many good public places to hunt here in NJ, you just need to do your homework

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Matt - Go to the NJ Fish and Wildlife website and on there is a link that will expound upon all of the NJ Wildlife Management Area's that are open to public hunting. Like BHC said, there are many places to hunt. I have been hunting, both bow and gun, since 1981. All strictly on public WMA lands. I could tell you this... get some topo maps of the WMA's that you would like to explore for hunting, and get out and do some scouting. Buy yourself a nice little handheld GPS (I use a Garmin GPS 12 XL), walk around, look for deer sign, markl some areas that you would like to hunt, etc. Also, don't forget about the State Forest land and the DWGNRA! Let me end with this. Were I hunt on Public Land, I have not come across another bowhunter in the last 5 - 6 years, and consistently see deer. Sometimes I do not bag a deer some years because but I let the little bucks walk. It's beautiful hardwoods and rolling hills up there. Like BHC said, no need to spend that money on private clubs. I have my own private 4,000 acre club, even though it's public land. Good Luck and do your homework. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I've done some hunting in the past down that way, area around the cemetary and Buttermilk Falls, etc. Real nice area.I hunt mostly throughtout Stokes/Flatbrook-Roy and Walpack. There are some big boy's in all the areas around there, you just have to get in there and stay in all day. Been seeing the biggest bucks during the mid-day, mostly between 10:00am and 1:00am. Had a whopper 8 pointer show himself at 11:45 last Saturday. Hope to get another chance Saturday. Maybe i'll get a nice birthday present:)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts