New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering joining one of these ranges instead of fort dix. I want to get into more competition shooting and have more options (shilloette and shooting metal plates). Is anyone a member of the Shongum Sportmans Association in Hacketstown (oxford?) or Citizens Pistol range in West Windsor, NJ? Im looking for a range that has later hours than fort dix since I dont finish work till dark most nights and want to shoot at an indoor range to. Im also not sure of the prices to join the citizens range. Thanks.

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
I am a member of Shongum. It is a great range and great people. You should drive up there and check it out. They have lots of competition in all displines so there is something for everyone. They even have about 60 acres I believe that you can bowhunt if you join. They even have every Friday night shooting for kids, which helps expand our shooting heritage.

Here is their link: http://www.shongum.org/home.html

Good Luck,

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
191 Posts
I also am a member of Shongum. It is very reasonably priced. Indoor is until 10:00 pm so that should help you. Every third Wednesday the club has a meeting at the Elks club in Mt. Arlington, which you will have to come to a couple of meetings in order to become a member.

A great place to belong, if you are serious and reach out to membership to join, I can meet you at the meeting so you feel comfortable. Email me after you hear from Elizabeth.... [email protected]

·
Registered
7,283 Posts
I've been a member of Shongum for years dating back to when it was in Denville.
Only problem with Shongum is the limit of 100yds for a rifle range. Other than that, not bad.
They have trap every Sunday as well as Friday nights during the summer.
Used to shoot IPSC there but haven't in years. Always ran a good match there.

·
Registered
10,660 Posts
how often are they accepting new members at Shongum? I just joined the P-burg pistol club becuse I was worried that it would take a long time before I could get into Shongum. P-burg is open until 10pm every night, but Shongum is a little closer to me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.