New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I usaully go to Walmart in Newton. They are the cheapest. If you go towards Newton. The light were the exxon station is make a left. Right on the left there is a pet supply store he sells corn also. But more expensive the Walmart.

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
Drag when you found that pile of corn at BR was it whole or crushed as I put out some crushed in those areas, and know of some piles of whole.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Not trying to cause problems, but what do you guys need corn for right now?

I dont really like baiting, but I dont mind people doing it since its legal. But feeding the deer now, really isnt good for them. :(

They begin to rely heavily on the one food source and can get sick, in rare cases they can die.

Supplemental feeding isnt necessary in most areas, and unless you have the help or guidance of a wildlife biologist it can be more damaging than beneficial.

From what I understand its also illegal in NJ. But I could be wrong.

I hope you guys realize that I dont care what you do, and Im not trying to bust anyones balls! Im just letting you know for the benefit of the deer.
Next time you want to throw down some corn, look into it a little more, and make sure your really helping your deer.:)

Have a good one guys---Matt

Oh and if you want to feed them, you should vary the feed. Horse and cattle feed mixed with corn is good, along with mixing in other types of feed. Such as the ones on the market specifically made for deer nutrition!:)

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
only thing I need corn for right now is to stock up for next season, or my bar-b-que:D I don't bait per/se, just throw some out to see the out come.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts