New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the woodbridge area have any black powder they are looking to get rid of, or know where to get it? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
I was at Simon Peter Yesterday and a guy came in looking. Tommy told him that they no longer carry it, and wont because the state doubled the cost of the retail license. He basically stated that no-one in NJ will sell black powder anylonger

·
Registered
192 Posts
Don't know if there are issues shipping to NJ but I bought some from Graff & Sons online and they shipped right to my house in NY. there was a Hazmat fee and an adult must sign for it.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
dicks stopped carrying a local sporting shop by me stop carrying it,a lot of places stopped carrying do to the price increase,state is out of control!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bought mine at Powder Inc, here is the website:

http://www.powderinc.com/

First go to their website, print out and sign the release form, and fax it back to them. Then just call them with payment and they ship it to your house. It's almost too easy

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was able to get my hands on some for now, but I will be needing some new stuff before seasons end...i guess i will be going to PA for some, thats what it sounds like

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Dixons has it but it's expensive.

but I will be needing some new stuff before seasons end
Not sure what you mean by new stuff. If real BP is properly stored it will be just as fresh 100 years later as it was when made.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I have a new tin of pyrodex rs

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I was at Simon Peter Yesterday and a guy came in looking. Tommy told him that they no longer carry it, and wont because the state doubled the cost of the retail license. He basically stated that no-one in NJ will sell black powder anylonger
Wow I assume that includes 777 pellets.

I am glad I live near the NYS state line so I can go to Davis Sport Shop in Sloatsburg NY.

We are supposed to have a conservative governer how could this happen? Bottom line is Christie is anti Second Amendment.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
$600.00 a year for the license and it must be kept in a red painted fridge!!!NJ is really going to shit!Small shops don't sell enough to warrant them to pay for this license.

·
Registered
17,902 Posts
Hollowpoint you have a one track mind. Try doing an ounce of research before you throw our first decent gov under the bus.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts