New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe i'll make alittle more. For you guys who have tried it. i think i'll make some more.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ask drag and jerseyjim how good it was. everyone wants some now. i was even asked to butcher someones deer today and make them alot of jerky.[up]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
Andy . it was some good jerky.[up]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Woj,

Was this the jerky from the kit, or did you try a different recipe? How did it go using the oven?

-dan

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
hey woj, i would like to try some myself.

Franco.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it was from jerky kit. i added cheyenne(sp) pepper to it.

it came out awesome!!! everyone wants more. i was even asked to butcher someones deer and make some for them.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Woj,

Just out of curiousity, are these jerky sticks or strips, if you know what I mean?

David

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
strips.

what i did was get the American Harvest jerky gun from walmart...$12.00.

Bought 3 boxes of American Harvest jerky original seasonings. 1 packet of seasonings for every lb of meat. so i took my ground venison (NO pork added) and mixed in the packets plus the cure packets. i also added 1/4 teaspoon or tablespoon, i don't remember for every lb as well. mixed it all up and then kept it in the fridge overnight. next day shot out the strips from the jerky gun and put in over for 2 hours. that's it.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
OutlawJT couldn't keep his grubby mitts off them...LOL j/k JT
Woj - You had better bring about 20 more lbs. of that stuff to the club this coming weekend, or ELSE!!!! I was jonesing for some about 10 mins. after you gave me the last bag just before you left (Yeah, it was gone that fast!!! LOL)!!!! [smirk]:p

I tried Woj's venison jerky and another friends Canadian goose jerky this weekend (both used ground meat, the jerky gun, and the American Harvest jerky original seasonings), and they both were GREAT, and it only takes 2 hours to make in the oven!!!!
[up][up][up][cool]

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Sounds great Woj, I have not tried putting Cyanne in, but I have used cracked black pepper. I really like peppered jerky.

-dan

·
Registered
6,136 Posts
pheasant is great...its the same as chicken meat but is a little bit darker in color. ive never tried duck or goose. from what i hear, they are good as well.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
not selling it. we'll have to meet up somewhere and i'll give you some mack.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts