New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bother is there executive Sous chef/manager at this golf club & after talking with the head green’s keeper he said. I can hunt with the bow only as long as I try to stay out of site & hunt the wood’s & not by the green’s. This is in zone 36 I was there with my brother the other day there is deer all over. Do you think I should hunt from the ground or a tree? I think all the deer are coming from a reservation that is near by. I should I check with the town to see if I can hunt with the bow?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Definately check with the town to see if you can legally hunt. A lot of(most)towns in that zone don't allow hunting. Hope it all works out for you. BTW, you on that Montgomery piece this season?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I keep that quiet and don't tell too many people.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luv2hunt Yes I'm still hunting down in Montgomery. From what I'm being told from my brother & the grounds keeper the club's board want the deer gone & they told the grounds keeper to do what he has to do to stop them from eating everything\there flowers & pooping on the green's. But it’s the deer Sh!t that is making them mad & I think it's funny

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I keep that quiet and don't tell too many people.
That's why I will not say the golf curses name & I will be the only one there hunting

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
When you say golf course in zone 36 thats near a reservation, its not too hard to figure out where you are talking about. Keep it to yourself, there is defenitly a no discharge law where you are talking about

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
When you say golf course in zone 36 thats near a reservation, its not too hard to figure out where you are talking about. Keep it to yourself, there is defenitly a no discharge law where you are talking about

And you will not be alone. If it's the course by the reservation some locals go in also....This should post should end now.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bergen County area & yes I can Bow hunt I call the town PD & they said as long as you have permission & not shooting a gun you will be fine & follow the rules you should be fine. By the way there are over 4 reservation in zone 36 & it by not on reservation. The ground's keeper said no one has hunted there because him & his staff patrol the ground’s & they have security year round. So we'll see

·
Registered
4,197 Posts
Shawn...Best be cardful and stay out of sight. I'm famalier with private course's. Member's are part owner's, that is why they have to get a bond when accepted as a member. Hunting is an issue that is voted on for obvious reasons. All you need is one member that is not a hunter or is aware of the liabilities involved, and people can loose their jobs. You don't want a deer to drop dead in the middle of a fairway just as a member is about to hit is approach shot onto the green.

·
Registered
10,427 Posts
LOL, so posted this really just to ask if you should hunt from a tree or the ground? [rofl]

Careful sharing the excitement...I'm sure someone is already narrowning down on the golf courses in Zone 36 and your new honey hole could be off-limits really soon.

If you do somehow wind up hunting there, as others have said...follow the laws and stay out of sight to minimize confrontations.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.