New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
Chiggers Suck!
that they do. i take it you got em? they aint nothing to mess with man, take care of your self[up]

·
Registered
21,477 Posts
Number one reason I stay up north :D

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
DEET is def the way to go...keeps the ticks and chiggers off of you...i dont even wanna think about what im putting on my skin but it works so whatever [hihi]

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Was advised by a phamrmacist to use Nix to get rid of them....which is used for head lice...there's another product called Tisit...which used to be available over the counter...but I think is by prescripton only now....

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I got a bunch of chiggers on/in me down in Georgia when I was in the army. Down there they call them "red bugs" (Must be pronounced with a southern drawl) It took months of going on sick call to get rid of them. The dispensery in Ft Benning kept giving me stuff that didn't work. When I transfered to Ft Bragg, NC they had stuff that worked.

Thankfully I have never seen them in NJ, but I only hunt in the northern part of the state.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I hate them little red bastards, there right up there with ticks and mosquitos in my book. I remember when I was a kid I ended up getting a ton of them when i was playing in a hay field.My grandma stuck me in the tub and was washing me with vinegar.it worked ,and I avoided hay fields like the plague after that until I got older. Then I decided to help the same farm get in their hay. got the little red bastards again,and again a viniger bath for me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.