New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing all the stuff on the news about the "bear groups" just makes me wonder why there isnt like a "squirrel group"? I mean squirrel's are cute too just like bears. How about a "feral hog group" They might not be as cute as a bear but I cant help but think all this anti-bear hunting is based off the fact that they are cute/beautiful animals. I think as hunters we can all enjoy wildlife and even when we hunt if your trophy hunting a big buck and your in stand with the bow we can all agree that its nice to watch deer in their natural state doing their thing. Anti's think we are just savages when in reality we are doing more for the environment and providing more money for the state than them. Suck it Anti's

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
And that's the reason we hunters, the original conservationists, need to stay on message when it comes to antis. Antis contribute exactly $0 towards land acquisition, habitat restoration or conservation of game animals. Hunters contribute $ billions to those efforts. Also, we need to constantly point out that hunters have a deep reverence for the game animals we pursue, we are not bloody savages that are only intent on blood sport. We intervene with state and federal agencies when certain game species populations get out of whack, we don't wish to kill all animals in a certain species as the antis would have non-hunters believe. We know that without proper management, our game animals would not be here for us to hunt and we do a lot to ensure our populations are healthy. The antis only spend their time and money fighting our legal rights to hunt and fish and trap, they do nothing for the very animals they declare they care so much about.

·
Registered
861 Posts
[sarcasm ON]

What about the fish? They are inhumanely treated! How would you like a hook jabbed in your mouth and then ripped out? Gasping for oxygen while you're dragged out of your natural habitat and then returned if you're not the right type or size. Where's the outcry?

[sarcasm OFF]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
That was always a bitch that I had. The same people crying over bears have no problems driving over a squirel or chipmunk. I guess the importance of a species depends on its size [wallmad]

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
What about the fish? They are inhumanely treated! How would you like a hook jabbed in your mouth and then ripped out? Gasping for oxygen while you're dragged out of your natural habitat and then returned if you're not the right type or size. Where's the outcry?
As an employee of Trout Unlimited, I can attest that there is also a strong movement to stop recreational angling all over the nation. We sportsmen need to remain vigilant to all threats to our outdoor recreation. It's not just leghold traps or bear hunting!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.