New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this morn i didnt feel to well, i ended up laying on the couch freezing most of the day. went to go take a crap and freakin passed out and had a sezure my wife said. medics came, went to the er and got freakin Lymes AGAIN!!! i got it about 17 years ago but musta got it again. I woke up from the seazure completely wet from sweat, i didnt think the human body could push water outa ur skin like that. it looked like i junped ina pool. looks like im gona b fine, bit my dam lip during the sezure anu other than that all good. they got me pumped up on meds....everyone wash up after u get out of the field believe me those little dam ticks mess u up!!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I feel for you man,my Son had it a couple years ago, you will be on meds for about a month. the only problem is that little bug lays a disease on you that not much is known about it. We got all sorts of conflicting stories on it,that its is over, that it is with him forever,it is bad when the dr's don't know alot about it.

I thought I read on here somewhere about a few really good dr's that deal with Lyme and other blood bourne diseases. I would do a search.

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
[eek] shit man. glad you are okay. that is nuts, hope you are feelin better [up]

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Hang in man....prayers sent.

For the rest of you:

IN WARM WEATHER---

PERMANONE ALL CLOTHING BEFORE GOING.

WASH ALL CLOTHING AFTER GOING.

THERMACELL AIN'T JUST FOR MOSQUITOS.

100% BODY INSPECTION AFTER YOU GET BACK FROM SCOUTING, FOLLOWED BY A HOT SHOWER. IF YOU'RE WORRIED, BACITRACIN IS YOUR FRIEND.

LEARN HOW TO REMOVE A TICK SAFELY.

LYMERIX---AT YOUR DOCTOR, NOW. ASK!!!!

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Glad you will be okay and you are correct those ticks are sneaky bastards.

Shoot Straight!

·
Registered
5,833 Posts
Bacitracin is your friend, but BETADYNEis what I was thinking about.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Glad to hear your ok. You guys are correct, they are sneaky. I found one two weeks ago stuck between my toes. Praubly there a day or two. Dont think I got anything from it, just a little lost blood.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
my wife had it and the docter told her it never goes away it may go into recation but could come back any time all her joints in her hands hurt bad from it

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
PERMANONE ALL CLOTHING BEFORE GOING. check,before i even leave the house the wife coats us(son and I)

WASH ALL CLOTHING AFTER GOING. check, wife has ocd we come home our clothes are in the washer and being washe in hot water.

THERMACELL AIN'T JUST FOR MOSQUITOS. how much and where at?

100% BODY INSPECTION AFTER YOU GET BACK FROM, the reason my son and I have super short hair in the warm months. after him getting it every little dirt spec freaks us out.
FOLLOWED BY A HOT SHOWER.a given cause we stink after hiking or fishing.
LEARN HOW TO REMOVE A TICK SAFELY. check, had pleanty of practice on wood ticks.

Another bit of info wood ticks do not carry lyme disease, just the deer ticks.Those tiny bastards are about the size of a poppy seed. so when you look use a magnifying glass,and have someone do the search.The tick since it is so small can be overlooked and it usually lets go in 24 hours. so you could have it and not know it.

I am about to get myself checked.I am having joint pain and that is one of the symptoms.other symptoms include rash,vomiting,chills,seizures,(as arrowflinger can agree on) nausea,tiredness.and worse of all no symptoms at all. That is the reason little is known about it. there are so many symptoms or none at all people react differently to it. a nasty illness from a nasty tiny bug.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
glad to hear your ok

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Glad your alright.[up]

Washing clothes will not kill ticks, however putting them in the dryer will. It dehydrates them.

I spray my clothes and boots with permethrine, then after I get back I let them dry if wet and store them in a black plastic bag. They will retain their killing abilities for weeks.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Feel better dude[up]

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
That's horrible! When do you think you got bit by the tick? During turkey season or is delayed from last year's deer hunting?

Take your meds and I hope you get better really fast!!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts