New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got in my stand at 5:20am, at 7:50am I hear then see a deer, it was a buck heading towards me, he's about 75 yards in front of me, then another buck comes this one was either a 4 or 5 pointer, he makes a sharp right and is heading towards these very thick pines, then the 9 pointer walks towards the the smaller buck, I still have no idea it's a 9 pointer, all I know it's bigger then the other. Here comes a doe, she stops looks at the 2 bucks, and starts slowly walking towards me, the 9 pointer then follows, I put the gun up and got it in my scope I now know he's big, but no shot, I look ahead and see where he's going and I see an opening, it's small and 50yards away, I have confidence in my muzzleloader, he stops in it, and I fire, he drops like a ton of bricks, got some lung and the bullet fragmented and hit the spine.[up]

I was hunting alone today, and how I wish my 2 friends could of been there, buckfever & brownstones, that would of made it even more special, but they had to work I understand guys[up]. Also would like to say thank you to PASSTHRU125 for capping out my buck, FRANK enjoy that deer. I already took it too WILDLIFE PRESERVATIONS, getting a full shoulder mount done. I will post pictures soon, film should be ready around 6 pm tonight.

Took me 2-1/2 hours to drag it out, thats how far in we go. And I didn't get home until 4:30pm, I had to drive down to south jersey to see PASSTHRU125, then off to the taxidermist, let me tell you I'm tired.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
BHC thanks again for the meat, and thats a fine buck you got[up] wait till you guys see it.[up][up][up]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Frank, your more the welcome, thank you for capping it out[up]

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
now i just gotta cape out my wife, and i'll be done:D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
MysticGuido will be posting the pictures soon
It seems zone 4 is really producing this year
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Tell some deer to go to zone 6 PLEASE. I wish my Mendham lady would let me gun hunt on her property. I think I might have to go beg..

1 - 20 of 100 Posts