New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
11,226 Posts
I usually go down the shore the last two weeks of august. I've always done real well during those weeks. Last year I went down in late July and had an outstanding catch! Big crabs and a lot of them! I don't go down any earlier then mid to late July so I'm not sure how early the action picks up. I know it's good late in the summer and even into early fall! I'll be down there the last two weeks of August again this year! The house is right on the bay! I can crab right outside the sliding gl [no swearing please] door! Okay thats not true! I have to walk across the deck first! [smirk]

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
I live right on the water so if you want i will let you know when they are getting them.
I live in Keyport last year we did pretty good.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Mid-June - Early September on the Navesink and Shrewsbury Rivers - July & August are the best months, though...Piling/bulkhead scapping, trapping, handlining &/or nightime "jacking" are all productive.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You can catch them now to be honest.

Now I may not know how to fish from boat or hunt very well but crabbing, if your in the toms river area I have mutiple great jumbo crab spots for august. Boat and land spots.

As a matter of fact if you guys ever read the asbury park press they have a crab race end of august down here, everyone catches a crab, races their crab down a wooden track against other crabs. Of course the losers get cooked :)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Got some crabbing in this weekend!!!!

Nice sized crabs in the Navesink & Shrewsbury Rivers-Caught some nice size "Jimmies"!!!

Crabs are still a little small down in Brick/Barnegat Bay area, but they should get bigger after the next full moon shed!!![up][up]

·
Registered
577 Posts
I was by my brothers father-in-laws house on Sunday and we caught 84 blue claws. He lives right on the bay (exit 88 on the GSP) and has a 100 foot dock. All on drop lines. You know what I'm having for dinner tonight

1 - 16 of 16 Posts