New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so what the law says in English is you can only hunt private land and wma on Sunday or is it all public land also

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Public land and WMA. Thats's it. They only area I'm still having trouble with is in the Delaware Water Gap zone 4. The Water Gap is Federal land, and encompasses Walpack and Flatbrook-Roy WMAs. I've asked NJ officials and have been told it's ok to Sunday hunt there, it's a WMA. Then I asked Federal COs, and been told that the land falls under the Feds power and there is no baiting or Sunday hunting allowed in the WMA areas since it Water Gap land.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
private land - yes
WMA's - yes
state or county parks - no

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
For Sunday hunting, you can ONLY hunt on WMA's or private property *with permission of course.

You can NOT hunt in state parks or forests, or land trusts, federal or township properties, etc...on Sundays.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
ran into the federal/wma problem during the nj bear hunt up there.federal land was not wma back then.also,good luck getting a straight answer on the zone boundry in the gap 4/5

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
good luck getting a straight answer on the zone boundry in the gap 4/5
The area at the bottom of the hill towards Hardwick? We call that zone 4 1/2.:D The COs shake their heads and laugh because they know it's true.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Does anyone know where the boundary is between 4 and 5 in Hardwick?? I live in Hardwick on Millbrook Road, just about 3 miles away from Millbrook Village, and I don't know what zone my house is in? Please Help! [wallmad]

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
As per the digest, the boundry is "the bottom of the Kittatiny Ridge" Good luck fnding that out. There is no clear boundry, so hunt with caution. One CO told me they use the powerlines as a boundry, but that rule can change with a different CO.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
...but WMAs are, they just happen to be in the Gap. Along with my hunting campsite.[wallmad][wallmad][wallmad]See my problem?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
We could not get it across the board. We tried, this this was a compromise to get some for of it through.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
...but WMAs are, they just happen to be in the Gap
There is a seperation in the "gap" between the "federal lands" and "state wma lands". The great majority is federal. No Sunday hunting.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Then I asked Federal COs, and been told that the land falls under the Feds power and there is no baiting or Sunday hunting allowed in the WMA areas since it Water Gap land.
I'd question that comment. How could State WMA land be Federal land? I have been hunting Zone 4 for over 25 years, the Flatbrook/Roy WMA's sit in between DWGNRA and Stokes State Forest. I'll be hunting that WMA this year on Sunday, just have to know the boundries and find the markers that denote State WMA , State Forest and Federal Land.

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
...but WMAs are, they just happen to be in the Gap
That is not a WMA it is just a public hunting ground's on Federal Property the State own's WMA

1 - 20 of 28 Posts