New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I'm hunting a new property this year and I regularly get about 30 turkeys on my camera. One time while I was changing the card on my camera, I heard rustling in the woods and see about 30 of them walking straight to me. I'm not kidding, they got about 5 yards away from me and would have kept getting closer if I didn't deliberately move to get their attention. This was after a morning hunt, so I had my camo on and I guess they didn't see me. I haven't hunted for turkey (yet) and I always thought they were really skittish and hard to hunt, but I think if I let them get closer, I could have killed one by grabbing it by the neck.

Unfortunately, I can't hunt them because this is a deer management property, so I can only shoot deer (and now coyotes since there have been complaints of them chasing suburban soccer moms around). Maybe Turkeys aren't so dumb after all.

Reactions: JohnnyBGoode

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
I can read the regs, but if someone already knows - is it possible to hunt them during fall bow season if I have an all-around sportsman? Do I just need a permit?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.