New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait for the muzzleloader season, I really enjoy hunting with the smokepole. I'll also be out in zone 4, but I'm not sure who will be hunting with me, buckfever may have to work, brownstones starts a new job in 2 weeks so he won't be there for opening day, maybe GunnyFern will be hunting that day. Last year in the late part of the muzzleloader season I was hunting by myself, and at 9 am I had 40 deer walk along my rightside they where about 70 yards, and all bald, thought for sure there would be a buck in there, I let them walk.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BuckFever, I do hope you can get off for opening day, November 28th

·
Registered
84 Posts
BHC & Buckfever Iam going to miss opening day blackpowder with you guys. I will be thinking about it all day at work in my new job.[sad]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
brownstones I understand, and you have to do what you need to do, I will make sure NO ONE goes in your area, unless buckfever wants too. I'm glad you got the new job, best of luck, and tell those people that you will be busy the week of November 12th 2006, you will be in IOWA

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your not using the shotgun for the 6 day deer/bear hunt?

·
Premium Member
13,661 Posts
I probably will use the muzzleloader during the 6-day since I do not have a rifled shotgun. Plus, a couple of areas that I hunt...there is an overlap... shoot a doe (tag with muzzey)... shoot a buck (tag with 6-day).

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just remember if that big bear comes you may need that 2nd shot, practice loading

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Anyone hunting highpoint early muzz season next week? Can't wait!
I heard the first year they opened the park it was great!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts