New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again the "Buck Jam" is performing phenominally this year! In fact I had a cam out several weeks ago with nothing in front of it, and noticed almost every deer was stopping in the same location and appeared to be eating something...wasn't long before I remembered that I had corn with buck jam on top of it in the same location...last fall!! Sure enough they were still eating the soil underneath!

Last week I put a small amount on a log in front of the cam...wow...what a mistake...(actually the mistake was not resetting the triger settings on my cam).....In 8 days I had 4,000 pictures on that sinngle cam alone!

Bucks...Does..Fawns...you name it...every deer that came by spent half an hour to an hour lickin and chewing that log...

All I have to say is...If you put the jam out and you aren't getting piles of pics...you need to do serious reconsider your cam locations!!

JC

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bowman,

I use whatever I can get...right now I am using corn flavor. Doesn't seem to matter whatsoever what flavor I use though. Just like in the second picture above, they always seem to be "liking their chops" for any of it.

JC

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
I just set my mineral blocks out last week, a little later than I wanted to get them out but better than not having them out at all. I use the persimmon buck jam as a starter to help them find the blocks. They love the stuff. Cool pix.[up]

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I had to guess...that is a deer I started calling big 6 two years ago. If it is him he was a nice 8 last year and will be a beautiful 8 or ten this year.

Since there are very few 3 and 4 year old deer on the property chances are very high it is him.

I have pictures of this buck for over a month already as well as a few other hopefuls.

Below are some previous pics of the same buck, (though it is possible the second pic is actually a different buck that travels with him ocassionally).

JC

·
Registered
14,787 Posts
Great photo and nice buck. I just put some buck jam out that I had left over from last season. Will check the camera in a couple days and see how they are hitting it. You always do well with it[up][up]

Shoot Straight!

·
Super Moderator
12,370 Posts
great pics! thanks for sharing them! im pullin my card tomorrow to see what i got at my one spot!ill post the pics i get as well[up]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.