New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever heard of anyone trying this out? And if so were they successful? I wonder if it is hard to get off a shot w/ that hardware on your face.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sometimes its a pain in the [no swearing please] to get out after work w/ 1 hr left of light and in the morning b4 work. So, there is a lot of activity at night, kids and wife are asleep, therefore its a good time to go out and play.

·
Banned
3,206 Posts
Sniff sniff..smell that?I smell something fishy about this post.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
PLAIN AND SIMPLE ILLEGAL[down][down] You will not find a ethical hunter out there that would use Night vision for hunting.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
a nightvision scope mounted on a rifle used for hunting it is unethical, however a handheld unit used for scouting that is a different thing. state frowns on spotlighting, specially being a LEO I always carry a sidearm with me. A big no-no spotlight and a weapon "anything capable of killing a deer" includes a handgun.
however using a handheld nightvision unit to check out fields at night is an option.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Jerry, that would be illegal. You're gonna have to find the time to get out in the woods Mon-Sat like everyone else. No night hunting, unless you want to chase coyotes around February (special night-time season) Not sure what the regulations are regarding night vision with that though.

By the way, are you new to hunting, or is this some kind of joke?[confused]

·
Registered
15,970 Posts
(Sniffs bait)---> swims away.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
you can only use nightvision to hunt if you are also using electronic calls...and the weapon you have is a fully automatic rifle or a crossbow or grenades

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Gunny,,,, Certain state's Spot Lighting deer is illegal.... Some state's will let you do it during certain hour's for recreational purpose's and other's do not let you do it period......
Like I said since I always carry a weapon, I won't use spotlighting as a scouting tool since NJ says u cannot have anything in the vehicle capable of killing a deer. Out west several outfitters I hunted with, use nightvision monoculars to scout the fields at night and to get a look at what type of deer are in the area.
Hunting with nightvision is unethical plain and simple. let's just change the name from hunting to slaughtering then.[down]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts