New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im new to the site and this is my first year deer hunting. I know its a little late but i was originally going to hunt on the farm where i work but it turns out that they have to many people hunting there so i wont be able to. But i already bought a ladderstand thinking i could put it up ad leave it up on the farm but that wont happen. So i was thinking of hunting at Six Mile Run because i live only 20 minutes away. I was just curious if Six Mile Run is a good spot and if im allowed to put up a stand and leave it there until the end of the season.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also new here. I went to six mile run last Sunday try to find a deer hunting spot for my first year deer hunting. No luck. I could not find a spot within the hunting area. Dose anyone know a good area or spot. The poster says"you need to remove your treestand the same day you finish hunting. Please let me know if you have any update for good spot. Also, i plan to go there for fall turkey hunting season.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
freddyhou, are you planning on hunting turkeys with a bow? You do know that Six mile is bowhunting only right. check their rule carefully because I thought it was only for bowhunting deer but I am not positive.

·
Registered
677 Posts
tough place to hunt. a lot of deer but a lot of pressure too. many hunters plus hikers plus mountain bikers (at all hours) = spooky deer. there are lots of spots. but its tough to pattern the deer. check the digest and the dep website. im pretty sure you can turkey hunt there (even though the map says deer only)

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
As far as the ladder stand goes, I think you have to remove the stand daily.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts