New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found what appears to be a rub line which consists of ~ 5 rubs within 250 yds. I know that there's at least one, most likely several bucks utilizing them. I spotted a fresh rub yesterday (11/26) on a 2" tree that was torn up really well. My question is, how would you go about trying to hunt these bucks? Would you put a buck/doe scent out? Make a mock scrape and put scent in it? Just hunt the rub line? And what time would you go? Or something totally different?

Thanks,
David

B

·
0 Posts
I too found some new rubs on Saturday in my area. Hunting rubs this time of year isn't worth it in my eyes, bucks are either spending time with the does, or they are eating gain there energy that they lost from the rut.....Speaking of the rut did it really happen at all?:p

·
Registered
13,448 Posts
I found 3 new scrapes while scouting property in Zone 11 today. Also many fresh rubs. Its got me confused!!Hopefully i'll see a nice buck chasing a Doe tomorrow.

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
where in 11 jr? i just joined a club in 11 and hunted it for the first time friday. i got a doe there. saw a huge 10 or 12 pointer. someone else saw a 10 down by stand (where i got the poison ivy)...lol

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hunting rubs this time of year isn't worth it in my eyes, bucks are either spending time with the does, or they are eating gain there energy that they lost from the rut.....
BHC,
One comment for you... one/several bucks are making the rubs, they are obviously spending some time there. The only question is when?

David

·
Registered
18,564 Posts
no....i'm in the kingwood area as well. actually it's delaware twp. you know something...i don't even know what the club is called...lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts