New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Looking for a place to hunt in monmouth county.
It will be nice hunting close to home ,i live in
keyport and i usally hunt in north jersey in Chester Township about an hour away.
Would appreciate some feed back.
First time posting with the group,joined yesterday,
great stuff guys......

thank you.......

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Welcome -

Zones 14 - 15 - 16 have some great places.

Turkey Swamp WMA and Assumpink WMA are good places to start.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Welcome aboard NOBUCK....Matty hunts in chester I think. Keep checking the post, someone on here is more than likely in your area [up]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx guys for the quick feedback.i was thinking about
turkey swamp myself ,have to get out there and check out the area.:)

·
Registered
329 Posts
NOBUCK,
I live in central NJ and hunt in Colliers mills WMA where there is place almost for everyone.
Assumpink always pack, Turkey Swamp WMA not too bad.
[up]

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Try weekdays - avoid the park boundaries.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Found out the reservoir office is 10 minutes from work today so I went and picked up my permit for the monmouth county parks. Anyone else hunting the parks this year?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
I'll probly go in winter.

·
Registered
7,954 Posts
You definitely don't want to hunt Assumpink... no deer there ;):D

Just kidding. There's actually alot of spots in central NJ, you just need to go scout them. One word of advice, if you are going to scout, do it on a Sunday. This time of year, hunters like you and me are taking time off to hunt, and a walking/scouting hunter would probably tick some people off. Just my 2 cents.

Welcome aboard,
David

·
Registered
876 Posts
Assunpink brings back loads of memories for me. I shot my first deer, I was 13 or 14 and there were only 3 doe days back then. She was a big doe, I was so happy you would think I shot a world record lol. I'll NEVER forget that... I haverested several more deer out of there over the years including a dandy 11 pointer. Man, I'm going to have to hunt there again some day and take the walk down memory lane...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts