New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dose anybody on here hunt in pa as well.. i would like to start hunting there also and maybe they can give me some pointers on doing so .. ill be in and around state game land number 312

·
Registered
828 Posts
I hunt in wayne county and i have seen more deer every year i am up there. I do better up there than i do here. Delaware state forest is never packed for rifle up there i would check it out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would stay home and save your money, we hunt in Bradford County 12 camps on top of mountain ....no deer hanging. Its getting worst and natural gas wells going up everywhere.[wallmad]

·
Registered
107 Posts
Don't waste your time and money. I grew up hunting PA and now I haven't hunted it in 5 years. They killed all the deer in PA, it's ashame. SAVE YOUR $$$

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
George we r going by what happened to us. Didnt go this yr., n talked to friends up there. They didnt see a buck all week between 5 guys on private property where they use to see 0-10 bucks that week.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Sullivan County - Less and less each year also. Not nearly as many deer as there used to be it seems. [down]

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
PA took major steps to bring their deer herd in line with habitat and that has been highly controversial to many hunters that don't understand the biology behind that decision. While it is true that deer numbers are much lower than a decade ago, they are now in much better balance as far as both numbers and buck to doe ratios. I've been hunting our Potter County camp lands since the late 70s and used to see 60+ deer on opening day with maybe one being a small spike or gnarly 5 pointer (18 mo old). Now we see maybe 6 or 8 deer all day, but nearly half are bucks and some of the bucks are 3.5 and older with some nice bone up top. If you're strictly a meat hunter, you may not be happy with that.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I hunt Indiana County off Rt.422, Nolo Rd.& Springfield Rd.on private land with food plots and there was NO deer !The locals say it has been getting worse over the years.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I hunt Susquehanna County and noticed that the deer have been getting less over the past three years. I found the remains of an eight point the day before rifle season started in the area I hunt (yotes or other animal had it down to bones). Also heard from the locals to keep an eye out for suspicious activity because of they have caught two groups of poachers that were connected to the gas drilling company's. The guy's caught were fired from the gas company.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts