New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hunt the area east of the Garden State Parkway on Rte 9 in Bass River? I'm working on getting permission to hunt land their and was curious if anyone knows anything about that area. I've seen tons of doe on the Parkway close to that location but they all seem a bit small...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
lol!!!!! SEEM A BIT SMALL????? yes pines deer sometimes are smaller but u get used to it after awhile.several yrs ago i took an 8pt typical with a 14 inch antler spread.....the behemouth dressed out at 68 lbs! since i was in a climber at the time when i first saw the beast io figured i was much higher in the tree than previously thought...when i got down and recovered the deer i realized then i had just landed in oz.

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
pine deer are always smaller but don't let fool you big racks still grow there i have personally seen deer killed in 130s 140s down there

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
I hunt quite a bit on the west side of the parkway. Lots of deer. As far as them being small, Boomsox is right about the rack size but bodies are smaller and EASIER to drag[hihi]

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
panz u have any luck this year down there in 24 cause i saw u sneaking around [hihi]

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
white dog plenty of area to cover

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
im not sayin they are small but i saw a squirrel and and a deer fighting over an acorn...and the squirrel outweighed him by 2 lbs

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
nelson stop trying to scare people away from the pines

1 - 9 of 9 Posts