New Jersey Hunters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hunting zone 4 for about 9 years or so. I've taken my share of deer and took one bear. I have seen some nice bucks during all the seasons, shotgun season it could get crowed with hunters, and on opening day of bird there are alot of small gamers, but the do push the deer. There is alot of spots for the deer to hide, and if not pushed could put in for a long day. Oh and trying to get Drag to hunt here with me and my friends is like pullling teeth.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kris, I know that area well. I can show you spots, and then you choose. I did and still have an area for you for shotgun season

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
I have been hunting zone 4 on and off since the 1960's mostly in the Walpack area. I also hunt near Paquary Flats.

Zone 4 is notorious for small bucks because there has historically been a lot of hunting pressure especially during shotgun season. That is beginning to change because there seems to be fewer hunters afield is the last ten years. I have yet to take a bragging buck in this zone, but rub activity tells me there are some decent bucks. Also since there is so much huntable land there are pleny of places for the bucks to go that are never visited by a hunter. For example the top of Kittitiny Mountain.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
zone 4 still has small bucks, maybe just maybe you may see a nice buck once in a while

·
Registered
4,847 Posts
hey joe my cousin shot a real nice 8 during last years shotgun season right off the fire road where we used to hunt with al.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
man! you guys who are hunting zone 4, and arent seeing big bucks. you must be hunting in the wrong spots. my family and i have been hunting zone 4 for 20 years now, and in the past 5 years we have been seeing some real bruiser. my cousin shot a 120" 10 point shot gun season in 2000. my dad shot a big 8 and i shot a big 10 muzzle loader season 2001. 2002 was a slow year but we saw some big bucks. 2003 brought a big 8 point for me with the bow, and my cousin shot a 140" 10 point in the same spot where he shot his other big 10 shot gun season 2 years earlier. last year i shot a 20 inch wide 6 point and my dad shot a nice 9 point. oh and i cant forget to tell you about the absolute monster i saw just up the hill from millbrook village 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Independence township in Warren is that zone 4?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I have a place that I can hunt is on Alfano Road, allamuchy, don't know if I spell it right, what zone is that???

·
Registered
16,174 Posts
I believe it's 6, 6,8 and 5 converge right there. If I were hunting it I'd get a detailed map and follow the zone descriptions. Alfano also goes through Independance. Alamuchy park is is in zone 6&8

·
Registered
957 Posts
El Jefe,
I hunted on Alfano Road, allamuchy it's zone 5 . What property are you hunting? I bet I know it's Ann's property? If so I can tell you were & were not to go. I hunted there for 5 year's

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Hi Shawn!! Yes is Ann's, I have three friends of mine going there, I'm staying in Hunterdom, the sell of the property fell through and I'm getting one more year out of it. I sure can use your help in placing these guys. I went up that mountain last week and I ran out of gas. Next day we went on the other side, and I believe I found were you use to hunt, small green field to the left of the house if you are looking at it. We walk that dirt road till we came upon a big sod field, lots of farm machinery, and I din'd want to go any further, din'd know if it was her property yet. Rich told me yes, it goes all the way back. Any help will be appreciated.
Tlony

1 - 18 of 18 Posts