New Jersey Hunters banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All Fellow Hunters,

Jeremy here, AKA VT Hunter.

My wife and I are looking to come down for some winter deer bow hunting.

We are looking for someone who may have private land, or a place with a high success rate.

We are willing to offer back an invite to VT for spring turkey hunting May 1- 31, or spring salmon fishing on Lake Champlain. May- June is best.

We would offer up a deer hunt, but you guys would be bored up here, though the scenery is nice. Our deer herd they say is healthy and in good numbers, but I saw 2 deer this year and wifey saw 9. No shooters. That's between bow, rifle and black powder seasons.

For anyone who is interested to give some more insight, a VT license and turkey tags 2 spring/ 1 fall would run about $138, a 3 day fishing license would cost $22.

We live in southern VT about 4.5hrs from Freehold, NJ ( mom lives there)
Lake Champlain is a good 7hrs from Freehold, or you could always fly into Burlington.

We prefer to hunt from ground blinds, hopefully a non issue.

Happy Holidays to you all and look forward to maybe making some new acquaintances.

Best,
J &E

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Thank god u posted this at night. I wish I had the place to take u out as I love VT and have family up there but good luck with the rest of this crew. Someone good may hook u up.

·
Premium Member
4,189 Posts
Mmmmmm Burlington Brewers Festival. I'll be there in July.

Reactions: NewBreedhunter

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. Wish our herd was shot to heck or I'd be interested. Someone who's got deer around should take em up on this.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Got any Partridge?? Don't see myself going to VT. to shoot some stupid turkey would consider deer if I didn't hunt Maine but now if you have birds real birds?

·
Registered
7,946 Posts
How is the turkey population? What kind of land are you offering? How is hunting pressure? Let me know. Maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Can't beat the Spring turkey season in Vermont. I go up every year for the first four days of the season. I always manage to fill both of my Spring tags in four days. Vermont has a very healthy turkey population.

Reactions: GWO

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Got any Partridge?? Don't see myself going to VT. to shoot some stupid turkey would consider deer if I didn't hunt Maine but now if you have birds real birds?
Hunting turkeys is more fun then deer and partridge
Together. Your missing out.

To the OP good luck I wish I had something for you.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I can turn you on to a good piece of deer property just outside of Arlington Vt. Turkey hunting is awesome there. somebody should take him up on this offer.

·
Registered
6,173 Posts
Our deer herd they say is healthy and in good numbers, but I saw 2 deer this year and wifey saw 9. No shooters. That's between bow, rifle and black powder seasons.
I lived in willimgton 71-73 windham co was good then.Nice offer good luck guy's!

Reactions: GWO

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply's everyone,
PM's sent to 2 possibles

We could do turkey hunt in the morning and salmon fish in the afternoon. First 2 weeks of May would be prime. Want to make it worth the trade.

VT turkey population is between 45 - 50K, Never an issue with time put in.

Partridge/ grouse are plentiful in places.

Now that I have looked further into the NJ reg's. Set 7 or Set 8 have the longer seasons, though we are open to any good trade.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts